The bodily resurrection of Christ - Which JWs hide

by JW Answers 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DoubtingThomas
    DoubtingThomas

That about as "unhinged" as you can get!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

According to the Epistles of Paul, you don’t “die” if you’re an Xian.

He compared ending the Earthly part of your life to planting a seed in the ground. He was trying to explain the concept. We all know a seed doesn’t “die.” If it did, then there is no tree, ect.

An Xian changes instantaneously into a Spirit being with no loss of life.

I do remember studying about Jesus’ resurrection and it seems the WT was wrong and did not want Jesus to be GOD/Man ect as he would be equal to GOD. Therefore they had to teach that he died and did not exist after eons of time, and had to be re-created from Jeehoogle Cloud and downloaded into a new body which means he was a clone.

Very strange stuff indeed….

DD 🤔🍄🍄🍄

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

For those that believe that Jesus has a physical body in heaven, that would mean that he has to eat and metabolize food up there.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    An Xian changes instantaneously into a Spirit being with no loss of life.

DD,

The JW teaching is that they do die and are resurrected in the twinkling of an eye.

• LV101
    LV101

Thought JWs believed only the anointed are resurrected in the twinkling of an eye but those of the other fold are just dead. Been long time -- I probably never had it figured out.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    Thought JWs believed only the anointed.

That is correct.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I think JWs believe Jesus no longer existed for 3 days. He didn’t even get the “anointed” treatment.

Jeehoober-doober had to re-create him from memory. Sounds suspicious…

DD 🤔

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    He didn’t even get the “anointed” treatment.

DD

The JW teaching is that anointed die before going to heaven.

A blink of an eye, 3 days, 13 billion years, it all feels the same, you don’t feel a thing.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

Opposition to the JW's teaching of a spiritual body rather than the physical body resurrection of Christ goes back to the Russell days. I used to have an anti-Russell tract from the early 1910's in which the author declared Russell to be a blasphemer because he taught 'the annihilation of Jesus Christ', by which he meant that the physical body of Christ was taught by Russell to be dissolved. This was seen as heresy. I think it is a heresy (similar to docetism) that was condemned by the Catholic Church as well in the 300-400 CE time period.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A twinkling of the eye is not the same as being non-existent and then re-created at some later time. That fate is what awaits the “Other Sheep” who die before the Big A.

They are gone, except for being in God’s memory, if they died 500 years ago, or 5 minutes before the Big A their fate is the same; non-existence and re-created with the same memories downloaded into a new body.

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit