Delayed intervention as good as no intervention.

by ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara 5 Replies latest jw friends

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Just been doing some researching and it jsut kept hititng me in the face that God Jdumbs worship always butt-in/ intervenes too late or gives his 2 pence worth advice! Instead of avoiding/ preventing the innocents to suffer/ or even die he lets them get on with the bad deeds n then delayed intevention. Eg 1) Judges 20 verse 18 where he could have intervevned with his power when the Benjaminites were at Gibeahs door and helped avoid the sex crime that took place on the poor, innocent concubine(plus 22000 innocent soldiers dying ,who returned for avenge this serious crime.

2) 2 Samuel 12:15-23 God aborts Davids n Bathsheba's son. Whereas in Exodus 21: 22,23 he says killing an unborn child is deserving of death! two faced???Once again he could have intervened when david was palnning ways to bed Bathsheba.Perhaps send a prophet as he did for Job to see the folly of his ways, dont you think?

God so disappoints me everytime !

What do you think?

(sorry english is not up to scratch, not a native speaker)

Zing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What do you think?

I think all the gods the ancients imagined were fictional beings born out of human ignorance of the world in which we live.

The ancients were also in competition to whose god was the mightiest and made claims that their civilization was chosen or attached to these gods, which made their civilization more powerful, dominant and capable to receive favors to help these people by these gods.

The ancient Hebrews told stories to create power and relevance to their god YHWH

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    The ancient Hebrews told stories to create power and relevance to their god YHWH

But dont you think they should have been making their god look like a hero/superman/savior in a very good light? They failed in doing so and the Bible is full of such awful, disturbing stories.

I do not believe in god anymore, do not feel the need to at all, see no reason to but yes I do do read stuff, ad research just for my info.

Zing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Well they told the story of Adam and Eve, then Noah's flood and then the story of the Savior Messiah .

Unfortunately the ancients didn't have the knowledge we have today of the world in which we exist so really they had no other choice to assume the supernatural beings in the sky were responsible for what happened here on earth.

Incredibly a lot people on this planet still believe that.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Another atrocious one Genesis 19: Sodom n Gomorrah when the people wanted to have sex with the angels,the father offers his 2 daughters instead like fodder .What father would not sacrifice his self than send his children out to the butcher's yard??

The Babble is screwed up.

Zing

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The ancient Hebrews many times were morally repugnant, so was their god Yahweh.

The bible really is a record or reference to human history of one ancient civilization in their social behavior and expressed mythological practices.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit