The Family- Cedars St in DC -on netflix

by nonjwspouse 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

OMG I just watched some of "the family" on Netflix and the similarities with the JW are strong. I just saw the in beginning of one episode, that it began in Eisenhower administration! Of course! His mother was a Bible Student. ( JW)The ideas had to be familiar. USSR and the USA were a Holy War in his mind.

Of course there are some big differences too, but a whole lot of control and belief similarities.

I am also struck all the sudden, why did Lloyd Evans pick John Cedars as his screen name? It is probably coincidence, but does he have knowladge of this "brotherhood"? That John is one of the highest of chosen ones, and the house where the "chosen" gather in DC is called the Cedars house?

This secret organization is centered on Jesus, loyalty to the death to the chosen ones, and the belief the one in position's of power in governments are chosen to be there by God, no matter what they do.

This is so thought provoking.

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Yeah , I watched it and was amazed at the similarities too. There are some other culty movies on there too. eye openers all of them.

Zing

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I personally have no doubt that the religious Right is doing all they can to stay in power, and why wouldn’t they choose people who they believe will further the agenda that best serves them as a group?

That’s human nature as a whole and the Left is no different, they will also “bless” any who they feel will ensure that they retain power.

Then there are the relatively objective few throughout History who watch and attempt to offer insight while the cycle repeats...

DD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit