Septuagint References?

by Eugene Shubert 4 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Eugene Shubert
    Eugene Shubert

Hi,

I'm interested in finding all the verses in the Septuagint where the Greek word morphe is used. This would be of great help to me. Does anyone here have a lexicon for the Septuagint? How many verses are we talking about?

Thanks for your help.

• sf
    sf

Eugene,

What is 'this' about?:

Adventist of Tomorrow
    ... This being the case, if I were to choose the most likely Vatican agents on the Internet,
    I'd guess they were Ted McMillan, Ulrike Unruh, and Eugene Shubert. ...
    www.seventh-dayadventism.com/Atomorrow03092002.html - 71k - Cached - Similar pages

Agent?

sKally

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

JDG 8:18; JOB 4:16; ISA 44:13; DAN 3:19; TOB 1:13; WIS 18:1; 4MA 15:4; TBS 1:13; DNT 4:36; 5:6,9,10; 7:28

• Eugene Shubert
    Eugene Shubert

Thanks Narkissos,

I recognize JDG 8:18; JOB 4:16; ISA 44:13; DAN 3:19. But is that a complete OT list? Is that every instance? I was given the impression that the word morphe occurs more often in the Septuagint.

My Bible with the Apocrypha contains Tobit, The Wisdom of Solomon but only first and second Maccabees. Can I find 4 th Maccabees on the Internet? What is TBS and DNT?

Thanks again for the help.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Sorry I just copied and paste the list I got from the (limited) software I have here. I couldn't swear it's exhaustive but it may well be. You'll have to check it in a Septuagint concordance such as Hatch & Redpath's.

TBS is Tobit according to the Sinaiticus manuscript (the longer version which may represent better the semitic original), and DNT is Daniel according to the Greek translation of Theodotion. I don't know if you can find 4 Maccabees on the Internet, but there are several English translations available (sorry again I haven't got one of them here).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit