How the Internet is Destroying Mormonism

by slimboyfat 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Interesting video, shame it wasn't about JWs.

http://youtu.be/-1BdbKJbZZY

What a would be your top 5 shocking things you found out about JWs on the Internet?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    What a would be your top 5 shocking things you found out about JWs on the Internet?

At one time, Slimboy, I didn't think anything could really shock me about the JWs.

But, I was wrong.

I was shocked beyond belief when I discovered that it was JWs who were the founding members of the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management, an organization that sets the standard for blood management for everyone all over the world, not just the JWs.

I was shocked to find out that the Watchtower Society had won the President's Award for the Society for the Advancement of Blood Management the year it was established.

I was shocked to find out that Shannon Farmer and Axel Hofman, both JWs, were the bigwigs down in Australia pushing blood management for the whole country. That shocked me. It still does.

I was shocked to find out that the JWs were used for medical testing by the US Army.

I continue to be shocked whenever I turn up yet another JW who is involved in bloodless medicine.

I am no longer surprised...I am just in shock about it all.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    That's really interesting OrphanCrow has someone written up the details of this situation somewhere?
  • Fencing
    Fencing

1. That nothing of what the Russell-era Bible Students believed about 1914 is still taught today - and the revisionist history the Society teaches in regards to that, to pretend they've always been right

2. That Jerusalem wasn't destroyed in 607

3. That they sought and attained a UN membership while accusing other religions of cavorting with the Wild Beast

4. Russell's obsession with pyramids

5. All the child abuse lawsuits and coverups

• millie210
    millie210

I was shocked to find out everything that has been presented here on this forum actually.

As a "well read" Witness (meaning I avidly consumed everything THEY wrote) I didnt know how much Rutherford had to do with alcohol during prohibition, or how the Governing Body stood around talking in the halls about how to handle the "1975" blunder.

I guess one recent shock was to find out that all the letters I wrote in 75 concerning persecution in Malawi were a waste of time since there wasnt even any persecution then.

• jaydee
  • the girl next door
    the girl next door
    Good thread, and nice opener from Orphan Crow. Would like to research those bullet points more. Any direction would be greatly appreciated OC.
  • Mephis
    Mephis

1, The scale of the child abuse. Not just the odd 'bad apple' I'd been told. Still makes my blood boil.

2. The nature of judicial committees for sexual 'sins'. Compounded when it is a survivor of a serious crime being asked those questions. Deeply disgusting and shameful they do that to anyone.

3. The number of people who trod the 607 path without knowing they weren't alone.

4. The extent of the deceit required to write a sourced WBTS article. (eg the quotations in the Creation book).

5. I'd not checked on JWs for a long time, so the difference between the religion I walked away from and the overtly culty 'listen, obey, be blessed' really shocked me.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    girlnextdoor: Would like to research those bullet points more. Any direction would be greatly appreciated OC.

Jaydee posted a link to the Australian Blood Managment story that highlights Farmer and Hofmann's involvement.

It took me a while to find this next item. This information is no longer available on the SABM website, but, The Wayback Machine is wonderful. They have a cached copy of the information that confirms that the Watchtower Society was given the President's Award in 2002.

The SABM® President's Award is presented annually at SABM's Annual Meeting to candidates who have made a substantial contribution to the field of blood conservation, contributed to the public good in the area of safety of the blood supply or reduction of unnecessary transfusions, and have had a career that focused on blood safety.

I am working on a list of the JWs that I have discovered who are doctors, nurses, bloodless clinic managers, and textbook writers for the blood management industry. Sorry, it may take a while to put it all together in one spot.

In the meantime, here are some big names in blood management who are JWs:

Shannon Farmer; Richard Melseth; Alex Hofmann; Petra Seeber; Matthias Lucas; Sherri Ozawa; Sharon Vernon; Edward Blakeney...and more.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

OrphanCrow;

was you shocked when the AJWRB group was formed? an anonymous secret group made up of elders who opposed the WTS blood ban policy, I wonder if you know the real reason the blood ban was implemented? the 2 sexual deviants who were to become the presidents of the WTS made a promise at the deathbed of the alcoholic, ego maniac bully because he had this strange idea? cult leaders seem to have this very strange relationship with the medical profession, The Plymouth Brethren, Scientologists, The Amish, etc, strange isnt it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit