History of DF - Question

by thedepressedsoul 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ab.ortega
    ab.ortega
    Can someone please post the scripture tor1500 is mentioning about the line.
  • tor1500
    tor1500

Hi,

Here you go....

This is from the revised NWT: John 8...the scriptures start @ v 12.

8 12 Then Jesus spoke again to them, saying: “I am the light of the world.+ Whoever follows me will by no means walk in darkness, but will possess the light+ of life.” 13 So the Pharisees said to him: “You bear witness about yourself; your witness is not true.” 14 In answer Jesus said to them: “Even if I do bear witness about myself, my witness is true, because I know where I came from and where I am going.+ But you do not know where I came from and where I am going. 15 You judge according to the flesh;*+ I do not judge any man at all. 16 And yet even if I do judge, my judgment is truthful, because I am not alone, but the Father who sent me is with me.+ 17 Also, in your own Law it is written: ‘The witness of two men is true.’+ 18 I am one who bears witness about myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness about me.”+ 19 Then they said to him: “Where is your Father?” Jesus answered: “You know neither me nor my Father.+ If you did know me, you would know my Father also.”+ 20 He spoke these words in the treasury+ as he was teaching in the temple. But no one seized him, for his hour had not yet come.+

Now this is from the Older NWT James 8: 1-12: But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At daybreak, however, he again presented himself at the temple, and all the people began coming to him, and he sat down and began to teach them. 3 Now the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught at adultery, and, after standing her in their midst, 4 they said to him: “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the Law Moses prescribed for us to stone such sort of women. What, really, do you say?” 6 Of course, they were saying this to put him to the test, in order to have something with which to accuse him. But Jesus bent down and began to write with his finger in the ground. 7 When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: “Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground. 9 But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her: “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said: “No one, sir.” Jesus said: “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more

Tor

• tor1500
    tor1500

Hi All,

Sorry, typo....I meant to say..John 8:1-12 (old NWT).

Thx,

Tor

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

In reflective view of the fact that the original WTS executive editorial writers such as C T Russell created suspiciously weak and false doctrines, followed by J Rutherford and those doctrines were being utilized to support the proliferation of the literature these individuals published, the implantation by the WTS heads to watch for and handle any criticisms or dissension (DFing) was drawn out of necessity as to secure the overall power and control of the organization and of those leaders.

So even if you produced corruptly disingenuous doctrines (ie.1975) you had ones around you that would faithfully support what was being presented and propagated through the publications.

• AnonVet
    AnonVet

Fixing the broken link posted previously:

http://jwfacts.mobi/disfellowshipping-and-shunning/disfellowshipping-historical-watchtower-development/

As late as 1947, the Awake described the practice of excommunication as an unscriptural, pagan practice, using Hebrews 10: 26-31 to show it should be left to God to judge individuals

• poopie
    poopie

There is a 1970 article written by Ray Franz balance view of df take a look at that article unrepentant sinners were actually treated as humans spoken to by rf jw after 1980 all df or disacocitaed treated worst than animals at least you speak to a animals you even touch animals not if your df you are treated like a big pile of poop.

• talesin
    talesin

No, poopie. DF people were shunned since the late 50s. My aunt was DF and shunned for about 15 years, and also my brother. It was the shunning of DA people that changed in the 80s, not DF. Also, most DF in the past were for '\immorality', drinking and smoking. Some fraud, etc., and rarely apostasy.

• poopie
    poopie
    Remember franz writes this article 2 study great article but when he was booted they had to get rid of stuff franz wrote throw out baby with bath water.
  • poopie
    poopie
    Your half right prior to 1970 article shunning after 1974 you could speak to df people please do your homework.
  • poopie
    poopie
    In org right now the problem is with shunning people inside are not shunning df persons especially those in there fam so thus the talk at DC shun unrepentant sinners why because 50 percent are not hard core shunners and never will be.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit