Getting a friend out

by Mysterious 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I need help with ideas on getting a friend out. I need points and information to make to make him think. He's teetering on the edge right now but I think he's still a bit afraid that they are right and that Armageddon will destroy him. I don't really want to undercut the Bible at this point since I think he still might have a bit of his support from there. I want to under cut the Armageddon teachings, the major WTS beliefs, and the society itself. I'm not sure we want to touch on the pedophile issue, it was too well whitewashed here, something he should discover after he has already concluded they are not a "spirit appointed organization". Maybe something on the unscriptural change of the baptism vows and disassociation not being scriptural, disfellowshipping and judicial committess, etc. Just ideas give me more!

I've been pointing out to him that no other religion forbids you to look into information about them or associate with "worldly people".

Right now I'm working on the false 607 date they use to get 1914 and the false predictions of the end in 1975 plus the whitewashing.

What I need are well supported mini packets of information. I really really want to help him and from what he has said to friends I know he needs my help. I told him if he didn't want to hear it he could just stop me, but he always listens avidly, but never says much. Always wants more though. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Hi!

This question gets asked a lot on this board! It's a big reason some of us come here - to find the answer to that very question!

The best thing I can suggest to you is to visit www.freeminds.org - there are tons of topics you can use - pick the one you think your friend would be the most open to hearing - then report back and tell us how it went!

growedup

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit