March 2017 Watchtower subsidiary article "Being A Friend"

by BluesBrother 6 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Good friends are precious" , the article begins . That is true enough .

"It is heartwarming to see how brothers and sisters today are united by a bond that goes beyond any role or assignment in the congregation. By their actions they are in effect saying, “I am your friend, not because I have to be, but because you are important to me.”

We are told of two Witnesses Antonio and Federico.. Now Federico took a "false step"

"Federico recalls: “I could see that Antonio felt my pain. He tried his best to help me emotionally. He cared deeply about my spiritual recovery and never abandoned me. He encouraged me to regain my spiritual strength and not to give up.” Antonio explains: “I spent more time with Federico. I wanted him to feel free to talk to me about anything, even about his pain.”

The article concludes

Consequently, how will a good friend react when a friendship is in danger? He or she will be willing to talk kindly but openly when needed. That friend will be like Nathan and Hushai, who remained loyal even during bad times, and like Jesus, who was willing to forgive. Are you this type of friend?

Fine words .... but can you feel the irony? or is it contradictory? even hypocritical? The examples were of someone who was granted mercy by a J /Committee . Suppose the decision had gone the other way?

IN THE VERY SAME MAGAZINE ISSUE , page 20 p 7

For example, what if a member of your family or a close friend sins, is unrepentant, and has to be disfellowshipped? Would you take decisive action by ceasing to associate with that person? What would your heart move you to do?
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BluesBrother - "...can you feel the irony?"

It burns!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

By their actions they are in effect saying, “I am your friend, not because I have to be, but because you are important to me.”

More WBT$ Lies...

WatchTowers unwritten rule:

"You`re supposed to accept JW`s, because they`re JW`s."

"Unless WatchTower wants you to, stab them in the back."

• cha ching
    cha ching
    By their actions they are in effect saying, “I am your friend, not because I have to be, but because you are important to me.”

When I told my "loyal friend of over 20+ years" about the child abuse case my husband had to testify in (against the WT) and the article in her OWN ORGANIZATION'S WT of 2011 regarding 607 B.C.E., it was all she could do but get off the phone with me ASAP, and then, when I called her a few days later, she answered the phone with....

"I am sorry, no one named "____" is at this number.....

It seems that it was not because I was "important to her" that I was her friend...

But because I was a JW, and believed as she did.....

Reality check.....

• Ding
    Ding

It all boils down to, "The organization always knows best, so obey!"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

"You got a friend in me... you got a friend in me...

...but when you're in trouble, I'll shun you on the double...

...'cause I'm a devotee..."

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

WT is writing about friendship?!! You gotta be kidding. Once you make your exit, the JW's scatter like light on a cockroach. I haven't heard from one of my "friends" in 4 years. Not one. No one know why we left and not one call of concern for me or my family. So much for "friendship."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit