Why are witnesses all so highly stressed?

by stuckinarut2 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

This is where being "Awake" helps out. I know exactly what is a crock of bull, so I fully ignore it guilt free. It is awesome!😎

DY

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Outlaw, you always make me laugh.

This is a great post Stuck! Reading over the posts makes you really reflect and fully understand that others see what you see. It is so nice to see others comments and perspectives. I love it.

• sir82
    sir82

A rational person bombarded with this day after day will become psychotic.

Hmm, that would explain some of the elders meeting I attended.....

• millie210
    millie210

As a parent your anxiety level is tremendous as your children reach adolescence.

No sports, no dating,, no college, no experimenting with alcohol, cigarettes or drugs. If that happens, and the wrong elders get involved (and elders will definitely get involved) a parent stands to lose their child through disfellowshipping.

Its a white knuckle life for parents of teens.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Well, some were promised the New System would be here by now and gave up everything. Some didn't marry or have children. Now when they go home from meetings and such, there's no one there. No one whose hand there is to hold in their golden years, no children to help them when needed. Very little monetarily. Lifelong friends may longer be living.

Couple that with knowing the "society" does nothing to care for widows and orphans. Absolutely nothing. Loneliness.

The young are trying to support themselves or families in a recession. No higher education to help out. Tasks from the GB, time consuming religious activities, little rest or me time, bills, constant pressure to display "spirituality, gossips, brow beatings, and more never-ending burdens. No "New System" that they're never doing enough to get into or relief in sight. Boots on their necks strangling them. Couple that with everyone wanting some of their hard earned money, including the WTBTS. Immense pressure.

Most don't even know who they are anymore. Split personalities. One for meetings and one for home. No asking for help, don't want to get labeled "weak".

I'd be on anti depressants too.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    Just look at the identifying characteristics of a cult and living with each of those things causes and unnatural stress on a human mind.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

From what I have heard from my few friends/acquaintances still active in the religion:....there is a lot of mental anguish caused by cruel ruthless gossip that Witnesses are famous for. Witnesses like to say they are loving "friends"...Well, with friends like these, who needs enemies.

These JW women have had to change congregations to escape and in order to have peace of mind. I have to ask myself: who needs this?

Everything I have heard, and everything I have read here and elsewhere, tells me that I made a sane decision when I started my "fade" from the Witness religion years ago. I could never tolerate all the garbage these people put up with.

• Lieu
    Lieu

Oh and as Jesus said, the Sabbath was made for humans; humans weren't made for the Sabbath. ie. It was made so humans would take a day off to rest (but you could still do good on it).

JWs need some REST and relaxation time as they have none. Even Jesus went off for some alone time.

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

Shithead cult, all great replies above. I tried to toe the JW line, run a business, stay active in sports, keep my hobbies. Lasted for a couple years last time I rode a motocross bike was in '04. Just no time to do any maintenance on my home had to pay to have my lawn mowed at one point. Now so far behind on home repair will take yaers to get back on top.

Anyone remember the WT where they were bitching on two brothers cleaning out leaves from their rain gutters ? There was an accompanying picture of that. Assholes, I got so burned out depressed and anxious I became suicidal and did a few half assed attempts at it.

Fully as I was goi9jng through the motions wearing the little hall clothes and church socks I couldn't wait for 'The End' to come so that the hellish routine would be over so that I could relax and get some.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

You're not quite an introvert with the way you're talking.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit