Why are witnesses all so highly stressed?

by stuckinarut2 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

wow!

Looks like we have touched a nerve with this thread.

Keep up the great replies everyone.

Many lurkers and visitors to this forum will relate to the comments.

• whathehadas
    whathehadas
    The big contradiction with Jehovah having a rest day but requiring his Witnesses to never stop the "preaching" work. If your average JW doesn't have the luxury of a paid vacation that can get away, they're fucked in the endless merry go round of boredom. I say forget traditional pharmaceutical drugs and just smoke some weed. At least it would lighten the nightmare of a life
  • Virgochik
    Virgochik

Then there's the constant critique of what you're wearing, especially for sisters. I was so concerned that, gasp, my skirt might creep up while seated, and horrors, my kneecap might peek out. I got told once to put my coat over my lap so I wouldn't have to worry. I was so worried about appearance that I barely heard the talks. A wardrobe malfunction at the Hall means your knees were showing!

You'd get talked to if you weren't dressed properly as a Christian sister should be. The stress began before you even arrived at the meeting, followed by the stink eye and loving counsel. Who needs it. Jesus wasn't all hung up on what people were wearing.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon
    Why are Jw's stressed, because they are in an impossible situation.
  • zeb
    zeb

what can I say but to agree with all of the above and I was 'in' for a lifetime.

and I have observed that jw are as a group the un-healthiest of people.

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Who wouldn't be highly stressed if they had to live their normal life with a heavy ball and chain attached to their ankle...and on this heavy ball is the JW org logo?
  • TheFadingAlbatros
    TheFadingAlbatros

The mental manipuation exerted with the passing years by the organization of Jehovah witnesses on their members  to make them believe that they are living every day surrounded by enemies (the "worldly" people) inevitably  brings them to face a constant stress. 

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2
    Yeah VirgoChik it was real fun running the mikes whenever I could, great opportunity to check out cute sisters feet and calves ! (one noticed and kept trying to hide her feet under the chair as she gave said comment ) It got to the point that the only 'fun' I had in life was 'self abuse'. I knew it was all BS when my 2 year 'dragged out' study was over but bully boy teacher elder kept pressuring me and making me feel so special that he somehow convinced me to not put off baptism any longer. Pure mauipultaion. I got a taste of it a few months in when I started dating a cute big haired sister and my 'hours' went down. Got a squint eyed puff mouthed talking to. Left that congo not long after and went to French where I got to be know as 'a weak single brother' to be pitied.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit