Why are witnesses all so highly stressed?

by stuckinarut2 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Irish Dame
    Irish Dame
    They are constantly being told to do more, do more! They're compared to fictitious others who have the worse possible health, family or financial situations yet manage to pioneer. Example, if the sister in the iron lung can pioneer, why can't you? If there actually is someone in congregation or circuit who really has had very bad things happen to them they will be repeatedly interviewed to guilt others into doing more. The carrot of "the end is coming, soon, very soon" is constantly dangled in front of them. If you want to see your dead loved ones again you must serve the organization! No wonder they're anxious and depressed!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

BECAUSE THEY ARE GOT GOOD ENOUGH AND THEY ARE NEVER DOING ENOUGH TO EARN GOD'S BLESSING.

"Listen, Obey, and Be Stressed" (I kinda like that!)

Doc

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Why are witnesses all so highly stressed?

Constantly knocking on doors makes JW`s obsessive,compulsive and crazy..

..............................................After a While..

........................................ANY DOOR WILL DO..

https://alancook.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/tumblr_ls6w0ubxcv1r0re2uo1_500.gif?w=470

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

Outlaw you speak the language no tongue can talk, and remain number 1.

The Rebel.

• MarkofCane
    MarkofCane

Why are witness so stressed?

Well from birth they are told you are a sinner, not worth the dirt your made from. Convinced that a ridicules fruit and snake story, came the original sin. So, Christ was sacrificed to appease the ancient desert God, because millions dying every day is not enough he wants his own son to die to appease his blood thirst. Now you owe Christ your life, he gave his life as a ransom! How can you ever pay back that ransom for your worthless pathetic life? The only way is to give your life to Christ, slave for Christ carry your torture stake and own your suffering. Then maybe he will grant you everlasting life, don’t ever slow down because it’s conditional.

A rational person bombarded with this day after day will become psychotic. The Old Testament is filled with atrocities committed by god towards mankind and revelation continues with the attack, God will wipe out 8 billion people. This now become your problem …yes their blood is on your hands so go out and boldly preach salvation, for both your lives depends on it…..really?

Then for good measure you’re infused with illusions of demons and angels; There was a war in heaven, the Devil was hurled downward to earth with mankind (why? why not out into space, maybe a black hole?) no down to earth……what a heartwarming expression of love. So the Devil and evil demons are among us; “Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour”.

We are being attacked, God true organization is being attacked, every one stay close…… Listen obey and be blessed. Gather the lambs to the shepherd, the attack is imminent…."Imminent I tell you"! This tribulation will be horrible! Be fearful; For then there will be great tribulation, such as has not been from the beginning of the world until now, no, and never will be. Mathew 24:2.

"We will hide in basements"……….. "remain loyal till death".

And you’re wondering why there stressed?

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Because it is difficult to go against your imperfect human nature to keep up with this Org. Then to add insult, one can never do enough; there is always MORE to accomplish. It is tiresome!!!🙄

DY

• sparky1
    sparky1
    Hope deferred maketh the heart sick. - Proverbs 13:12 K.J.V.
  • sir82
    sir82

Constant, literally constant, judging by others and of others.

"Is Brother X spiritual enough? Should i associate with him? Well maybe he's OK but his wife doesn't comment enough. Wait, I don't comment much either! Am I spiritual enough?"

Imagine that internal conversation going on for hours and hours, every day, 365 days a year.

• BeautifulMind
    BeautifulMind
    It's a lot to keep up with. They demand your time, money 24/7 365. You can't think for yourself or even be yourself fully. That can mentally screw with you. And I think a lot know it's nonsense, but don't know how to leave without losing everything which adds to the stress. Glad I'm done with it. My whole world could fall apart and I lose everything and I still would never go back to that abuse, no thanks.
  • LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    You know these comments are so true. Especially the ones about people not being able to be themselves. There was a resolution at our hall about some minor modifications and no one had any questions at all about them, just go ahead and approve the money. Now any thinking person would have questions, but not the JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit