Why are witnesses all so highly stressed?

by stuckinarut2 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Witnesses are so anxious, stressed, highly strung....

So much for ones who are supposed to be "the happiest people"....

Thoughts?

• Bonsai
    Bonsai

All that C. D. is clusterfluffing their minds. A great quantity of mental and physical energy is necessary to maintain their beliefs. I get tired just thinking about it.

• Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

They have no personal freedom. The GB is squeezing them into a tight little mold and it play's havoc on the mind.

No blood transfusion

No good music

No good movies

No super heros

listen. obey. be messed.

• hoser
    hoser
    They can't truly be themselves. They can't speak freely with fellow Jws in fear of being reprimanded.
  • The Rebel
    The Rebel

stuckinarut2 " Why are witnesses so stressed?

The Rebel:-

A) He/ she becomes sixty and they still believe in fairy-tales.

B) They become pensioners with crappy pensions.

C) Armageddon is like waiting for that last tooth to fall out.

D) As J.Ws love a scripture to back things up, ( 1 cor 1-3) "they are being fed spiritual milk..." and whilst everybody loves a bald baby, living in a congregation where everybody is so easily offended, and you are competing with everybody to be the most super-pious, is very babyish and stressful.

The Rebel.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Many reasons. Mainly the persecussion complex they carry. Go sit and listen to any public talk on a sunday. The first half will make you want to kill yourself because the world you live in is so "horrible".

They also live in the worst prison. The prison of constantly worrying what other jws think or you and at the same time scrutinizing and policing them.

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

Everything the JW's have been promised is not and has not come about. The paradise is NOT here and some of the older ones are realizing for the very first time, that they are going to die. With the overlapping generation crap, they have moved the finish line even farther out. The continuous failed prophesies are finally catching up to them. The older ones will die and the 20ish ones are leaving in droves. The internet is killing them. They are finally being exposed for the hateful cult they are.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    It's so stressful going to a KH when you feel the people there are not on your side. You feel it's all smiling face at the front and knife behind the back. Added to that the constant busywork and no proper weekends to rest, people are just burnt out.
  • stephanie61092
    stephanie61092

There's always so much to do, in and outside of the organization. I remember when I was a kid my mom would freak out on Saturday afternoons. As a kid I HATED Saturday afternoons because I knew this was coming. But it was the only time during the week that the house could be cleaned, so everyone had to pitch in. It was so much crammed into a little period of time since during the week we had the book study one night and TMS another night. Trying to work full time to pay your bills, make it to the meetings, be prepared for the meetings if you're a really good JW and go in service at least once per week...it's exhausting and would stress any normal person out.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

Because they are convinced in their minds that someone is watching and critiquing every move they make, or dont make, every thought they have, and now know , based on one of the latest study issues, that even their friends are going to turn them in ot the elders if they stray in any perceived direction, from the wt way. they have a burden on thier back. yet say its a light load? lol

they walk a tightrope. they live an impossible life. theyre on a treadmill, life goes nowhere for them.

then they have to sit and hear stuff like

'well god only wants the best of what you as a person can do, we dont compare you to others"

oh really? um, if were ALL supposed to be the same, think the same , why is that not a cult?

its like solitary confinement to the mind.

if we cannot have individual thinking, were not individuals. were wt clones. and as a clone, we have no feelings.

wake up please.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit