jw family loves to ask df'd ones for money!

by Ghiagirl 56 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Wow. When I was a dub, I couldn't imagine trying to get money from a non-JW and particularly not from someone dfd. Talk about bringing reproach on Jehobo's name.

They are a giant family too and they are all witnesses,

Although I'm the type that would help out my family, you can't support all of your big family. They need to rely on Jehovah... or more realistically, some of them better get jobs. This is a good economy in the US right now, they better take advantage of it while it lasts.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

Would they give you money if you were in need?

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

I think I have a really good idea. It seems you are leaning to help. That is of course fine. They are your parents. Their treatment of you isn't going to dictate what kind of human beings you are and that is virtuous in my mind.

Of course nobody would judge you adversely for not giving it to them (unless you are wealthy and have a bunch of disposable income).

I would offer very kindly if you decide to give it to them, to have them come over and eat dinner, and meet their grandson, and you will give it to them after the meal. This accomplishes so many things its hard to list.

If they say, well you know we can't do that, act surprised. I mean...they aren't suposed to be talking to you at all right? if they come, give them the money, then invite them over a couple weeks down the line for dinner again. Maybe your kindness will make a crack. If they decline and pull out all of the JW nonsense, ask them why it was ok 2 weeks ago?

I really think this is a good idea. it allows you to take the high road AND allows the opportunity for them to either see the light a little, or be exposed to THEMSELVES.

Make sense?

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    If your husbands father has not met his grandson once but wants money of you then that is worse than being a prostitute at least they give you sex and dont be expecting any contact after wards either.I would bite my tongue and try to wake them up by saying this if your family at the kingdom hall is so loving etc you should ask them or even the branch headquaters for money or help.
  • LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

PROBLEMADDICT2:

This is an excellent idea!!! Bravo!!!

If the family refuses,...they are heartless. I'd tell them to Go To Hell in no uncertain terms.

NO disfellowshipped or ex-JW should be throwing money around like confetti to ungrateful JW family that is shunning them and who refuse to make concessions!!

This idea is a winner!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Thanks! Yeah I think its a great idea! I was due!

It makes you the reasonable one......NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO.

• TheListener
    TheListener

Strong haiku in part you said

For me, it was telling them that they would not receive any money from me unless we worked towards having a normal family relationship. I have not heard back from them in 4 years.

That's such a good idea. I see others have the same idea too. Great thinking.

• flipper
    flipper

's likely a good portion of any money you give them will be wasted. And will be enabling their horrible selfish shunning treatment. Of your child no less.

Any donation they make to the watchtower is basically supporting the cult's immoral and criminal behavior.

And being that the end is "imminent" they won't use common sense.

Ther are so many worthy causes to donate to. I am blown away by the way jws cheat to get welfare, disability, unemployment. Flipper's jw relatives didn't see anything wrong with it - "everyone's doing it". A person from social services said what they have done is welfare fraud.

Wish you the best whatever you do. Mrs. Flipper

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Maybe you could suggest to your husband that although you are all for helping family, you'd first like to see them complete a JW style,six month probationary period where they demonstrate by their actions towards the two of you, that they are worthy of your help.
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Suggest that they ask "the society" for assistance...after all, the broadcasts show the "brothers giving generously"!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit