Approved in 1919?

by Labate 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Labate
    Labate

I'm a little puzzled. If the WTBTS was not approved by Jehovah and Christ until 1919, does that mean that they were not spirit guided until then?

If not, that would explain the countless errors in doctrine up to that time.

If, however, they were spirit guided, wouldn't that indicate that they had already been chosen?

To me, it's reminiscent of the early quiz show scandals, where contestants were given the answers ahead of time, then declared the winners.

If this has already been discussed, please direct me to the post that covers this topic.

Thanks!

• freddo
    freddo
    If Rutherford and his cronies were approved by God in 1919 then I'm the King of England.
  • NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

King Freddo! Sounds Royal.

In the WTS study edition being "studied" now is a question from readers segment on this. The question never really gets answered.

Someone help me... What darn difference does it make to the WTS that the year be changed to 1919 and not 1918? What's the real goal?

To me, it would seem pretty important if the Creator of the Universe told me I won a prize. Surely I'd remember the date. 😒

• Listener
    Listener
    Labate, what would explain their countless errors after 1919?
  • Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

1918 and 1919 both represent WTS extra-biblical mythology along with 1874, 1878, 1914, 1925, 1935, 1975.

And without 1914 (Christ's invisible presence), 1918 (Christ's invisible rejection of churches), and 1919 (Christ's invisible crony appointment) the WTS has no legitimate spiritual authority whatsoever over anyone.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I find it puzzling that they would be chosen in 1919 before they had accomplished anything of note or gathered a world wide following. Makes no sense and could be likened to a contestant turning up to audition for American Idol or something and being told "no, no don't bother singing us anything you've won!"

It would make way more sense to me for them to claim official or rather celestial endorsement now.

This point alone helped prove to me they are not nor ever were "chosen."

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

So then if that is true then Christ was into Pyramidology since in 1919 Rutherford and the WTS were still holding to this stupid theology.

Yup Christ choose them right !

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2
    Yes, so either God got things WRONG, or the society's claim to be God's appointed channel was wrong....
  • Lieu
    Lieu
    Ain't nobody 'communicating' with them except Jack Daniels or maybe some Walkill farm ganja.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit