Disfellowshipped ex-wife Dies - Now What?

by snugglebunny 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under the radar
    under the radar

I'm with sparky1. You and Mrs. Snuggles are both class acts! And your daughter showed that her heart was in the right place too. You people, regardless of your actual religious beliefs, have shown far more "Christ-like" love and humanity than the typical self-righteous and judgmental JW ever would. Their actions are based on what others might think or how their actions might be viewed. Yours are based on consideration and respect for others, looking for the good in them and overlooking old hurts.

My hat's off to you all. Class acts, indeed.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SNUGGLEBUNNY:

Congratulations! You did the right thing by attending. The Witnesses will look very bad in the eyes of non-JWs for not attending.

Just more bad publicity for them and their sick religion. Serves them right.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I offer my condolences.

• Simon
    Simon

It's probably one of those situations where going is the right thing unless there is some massive reason not to. If you didn't it would eat away at you more than if you did go and then thought it was a mistake.

That's before you take into account any children or other relatives and what attendance means to them.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny
    Congratulations! You did the right thing by attending. The Witnesses will look very bad in the eyes of non-JWs for not attending.

We're still waiting for a date for the funeral. It's a fair old drive to Doncaster so I'm planning on staying over. I'm going to suggest to my kids that they opt for a non-religious humanist funeral. If the JW siblings still won't attend then it will be obvious to all that DF'ing continues after death.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

Sorry for your loss and sorry you will have to endure a jw funeral talk or as I like to refer to it as a jw infomercial .

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Update: I attended the funeral on Friday. A 500 mile round trip in one day on UK motorways is no picnic. I met up with my son and daughter and children and grandchildren from Sandie's subsequent marriages and was treated very kindly. My wife felt that it would be best if I attended without her. I'm glad that I went. It was a conventional semi-religious funeral complete with flowers, hearse and limo. Sandie had stated in hospital that she didn't want any JW's to attend her funeral, so my son duly phoned her 4 siblings and told them to stay away. Reverse disfellowshipping in action!

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

i'm glad its over for you Snugs. are you in the south of England ? i'm on the i o Wight--PM me if you like

• Saename
    Saename
    JWs shunned... First time I hear of it. Maybe those JWs will wake up and see disfellowshipping for what it is. People say that attending funerals is important to say the final goodbye. I've never understood human sentiments but well... Maybe it'll help some see how it is...
  • Worldling9
    Worldling9

Good for her!! Take that JWs!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit