Which Scripture "don't judge others customs"?

by Drifting Away 13 Replies latest jw friends

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ Drifting away...

This is one of my favorite, it doesn't pertain to celebrating but it covers the judging, PERIOD. It's John 8:1-11 of which is not in the revised NWT. They took out verses 1-11, but in the NWT before the revised, it's still in there, so here we go. John 8:1-11:But Jesus went to the Mount of Olives. 2 At daybreak, however, he again presented himself at the temple, and all the people began coming to him, and he sat down and began to teach them. 3 Now the scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman caught at adultery, and, after standing her in their midst, 4 they said to him: “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of committing adultery. 5 In the Law Moses prescribed for us to stone such sort of women. What, really, do you say?” 6 Of course, they were saying this to put him to the test, in order to have something with which to accuse him. But Jesus bent down and began to write with his finger in the ground. 7 When they persisted in asking him, he straightened up and said to them: “Let the one of YOU that is sinless be the first to throw a stone at her.” 8 And bending over again he kept on writing in the ground. 9 But those who heard this began going out, one by one, starting with the older men, and he was left alone, and the woman that was in their midst. 10 Straightening up, Jesus said to her: “Woman, where are they? Did no one condemn you?” 11 She said: “No one, sir.” Jesus said: “Neither do I condemn you. Go your way; from now on practice sin no more.”

So, you can read this scripture to them or make copies & have them read along with you...No doubt they will say...where in the bible did you find this...Then, you'll say,I got it from the NWT, then one of them will say, I don't remember seeing that, then you'll say, it's in the NWT before the revised....& the revised version, the society took it out....

Then just sit back & take it all in...then let them call HDQ to see if you are right about them taking it out & why.

Bam....

Tor

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away

Alot has been happening to me these past few months. I feel like I am ready to just give up, and do my own thing with my family .I can't take the texts from family that say "sit with the family and "read todays watchtower", or "read todays text" I feel like saying "read the latest law suits online. or read about Ties with the UN. or "why does the GB, feel the need to be above Jesus?" I was going to try and just fade, but I dont think that is gonna happen anymore. A few of my family know how i feel, and that me and my family have not been to meetings in months, and been laying guilt trip in a big way. And If i hear one more "the convention videos are the best" I am gonna freak and say, Yeh I saw them on Apostate Youtube clips..HAHA BTW, My wife has been very supportive..

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's John 8:1-11 of which is not in the revised NWT.

That won't carry much weight with JWs, as the NWT make it clear that those verses are considered "additions" to the original text. Many/most Bible commentators agree. So I guess it IS OK to cast the first stone.

Jesus and the woman taken in adultery from WIKI

• tor1500
    tor1500

@ DOC,

Of course commentators agree it's not considered from the original texts. Why? Because, what it's saying is this...None of us, & I mean none of us has the right to judge another person. If Jesus didn't judge why should we. There are so many scriptures that say, we should not judge, because if we do, we will be judged as well. Basically, it's saying what goes around comes around. Jesus even told a woman, that she had been married several times & now is living with a man....did he judge her...NO. He told her not to do it again.

I think this judging thing goes over folks head. When the bible says, DO NOT JUDGE. Isn't there a period after that statement ? It doesn't say, do not judge, BUT....No, it doesn't. Now of course you can judge what you will or won't do, but that's the extent of it.

To be honest, I don't want Jehovah's/Jesus's job. I wouldn't want to judge anyone, it's even difficult for me to be on jury duty, love the time off, but hate when I get picked for a case...All you hear is, hearsay, I wasn't there. Plus I don't know the whole story.

I think Drifting away could use any scripture that speaks of judging...I think there is one that says, Don't judge, lest you will be judged. Elders have to be reminded, oh bro. you can judge me all you want...but, hold on my friend...your day is coming....

This reminds me of a twilight episode where, the man who was the executioner would hear the person who was about to die via electric chair, telling the executioner, I didn't do it, I'm innocent...then he says, "They all say that". Well, later on in the story the executioner is the one in the chair now...& he says the same thing that those he killed said...& guess what? What do you think the executioner said just before the plug was pulled..."I didn't do it, I'm innocent." Now the new executioner, says right back at him, yep they all say that...Another saying comes to mind...It's always the thief that screams the loudest...I have so many of them.

It's always ok when we do it, but let someone else do the same thing....we hang'em high...

I know it's difficult to wait on God, but I'm telling you, I've seen folks in this life get judged, because they were unfair or misjudged someone or a situation...& Guess what? I didn't have to lift a finger.

Tor

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit