Which Scripture "don't judge others customs"?

by Drifting Away 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away

I am starting to get to the boiling point, To make a long story short, I am getting hounded from alot of family and elder visits. I sorta put a halt on the elder visits, but the family is starting in on me now.

Anyway to get back to topic, what scripture is it that says something to the affect of That do not judge how some celebrate there customs or beliefs or something like that?

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

Romans 4:6?

The whole chapter is about "get lost trying to judge me".

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

That's a good chapter too, but I think the one you're looking for is Romans 14:5.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Yes all of Romans 14 is a Conversation Stopper in that case.

It is a pretty clear LEAVE ME ALONE, and Jesus is the one telling you this.

Its a good one to read in full.

• Drifting Away
    Drifting Away

Neat Blue..That was it. Romans 14 Thanks...

• freddo
    freddo

@drifting ...

If you are getting to boiling point be careful because if you blurt out something honest and hard hitting (but true) then it can be used against you at the mouth of two witnesses - and it can be one person each at separate incidents.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

do not judge how some celebrate there customs or beliefs

Just don't get the idea that you're going to be able to use that Bible reference to override the GB's banning of birthday parties and similar things. What YOU think the Bible says doesn't matter. Good luck, Doc,

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Oops typo....Romans 14:5 indeed :-D
  • Island Man
    Island Man

And if they ask you if you believe that the GB is the FDS you can read 1 Corinthians 4:1-6 at them. Just keep reading at them over and over again until they get the point.

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

Island Man - not sure how that helps if you are actually talking to elders.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit