Was Satan in Heaven while Christ was crucified?

by Sharpie 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sharpie
    Sharpie

Just a shower thought came to mind.

While Jesus was nailed to the stake/cross (take your pick) because of the witnesses lack of belief in Hell. Does that mean according to witness doctrine that Satan and his demons were in heaven while Jesus was being executed?

What about after Jesus went to heaven? Do Witnesses believe that Satan and Jesus were in heaven at the same time post torture stake? Why did Jesus and Jehovah allow Satan to stay in heaven until 1914 when Satan was allegedly exiled to earth?

I know some folks here may have left all religion after leaving the watchtower, and some may have went to other forms of Christiantiy. Just looking to see what the best explaination would be? Because having that thought just causes a lot of head scratching

Thanks

• waton
    waton

Col 1:13 shows Jesus already had a kingdom of love after he returned to heaven.

heaven has many mansions, so anyone does not have be at the same time in the same place.They have assemblies, satan is not any more invited.

• vienne
    vienne

Saran in heaven when Jesus died? I dont know, but you can ask him.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Sharpie - I know some folks here may have left all religion after leaving the watchtower, and some may have went to other forms of Christiantiy. Just looking to see what the best explaination would be? Because having that thought just causes a lot of head scratching

I'm pretty much in the 'left all religion camp. This is why I ask myself, 'Supposing none of this ever happened, and is all just fairy tales?'

I think we'd need to define what 'heaven' is. Is it a fluffy place full of harps and wings? Is it a multi-layered place? What is it?

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think punk brings up a good point- what is the nature/structure of Heaven supposed to be? The book of Job implies that the Devil had the freedom to move about on both Earth and Heaven, and that God not only tolerated his presence, but was willing to engage in discussion with him. How does a spirit being enter/exit Heaven? What would it have been like for them to still be present there, when they were tainted by their rejection of God's authority?

This is the issue with many of these concepts. They're not fleshed out. The list of questions is endless. And so are the answers, because we're not wired to just accept the lack of detail. We have questions, and we need answers, and if the answers aren't forthcoming, we'll just make up our own. And, bam! You have a mythos.

• wozza
    wozza

Heaven seems to be a totally different place compared to the local Kingdom Hall or any where true JW's are gathered.

An apostate in heaven can roam freely and speak and be spoken to ,but amongst JW people on earth apostates are condemned to hatred ,shown fear of ,thrown out of families just for not going to Kingdom hall anymore ,or questioning the enforced teachings of the governing body.

And yet none of us have ever been a Satan and corrupted gods crowning glory ,the first two people created made in gods image ,supposedly.

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

It’s a great question. I think the doctrinal explanation is that until 1914 Satan was allowed into heaven but he also roamed the earth (since that is what he told Jesus during the 40 day wilderness test).

He was cast out of heaven in 1914. Witnesses like to explain that he was basically treated as if he were disfellowshipped (although he talks to Jesus/Jehovah/angels at various points in the Bible) but still lived in the same house, there are older publications that make the same analogy, because they need to make clear Yahweh approves of their doctrine.

So, where was Satan at that point? Could be anywhere. Does it have to make sense? Probably not, the whole biblical doctrine hangs together with metal wire and duct tape.

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

I am glad you ask this question... any serious reader of Bible may find the answer.

I have searched this theme already, and posted it even on this forum ....

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/177953/kingdom-god-when-heaven-according-jesus

Jesus and his apostles gave us the answer ...

When we understand what the reality is, then we understand that the foundation for understanding the prophecies is other than that used by wt for building up the explanation of the prophecies ....

... by changing the foundation we will have a completely different form of the "body" of biblical prophetic explanations...

wantingtruth

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    In Job, the Satan was in heaven. According to JW Bible interpretation, Satan was cast down from heaven later on (circa1914). Jesus prophetically saw Satan cast down from heaven. Satan had that kind of power to resist God in such a way that had Jesus killed, so he had to be in heaven at the time Jesus was put to death.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit