I now know which system I was under!
Theocratic/Theocracy: A system of government in which priests rule in the name of God or a god. (Oxford Dictionary)
Didn't Jesus allegedly begin ruling as High Priest in God's name in 1914? Sorry, I forgot that Mr. Rutherford elected his own "theocratic" priesthood 4 years later - when he & his henchmen hijacked the org after getting out of the pokey!
Autocratic/Autocracy: Taking no account of other people's wishes or opinions; domineering. (O.D.)
Typical characteristics of an autocracy:
1) Little or no input from group members
2) Leaders make almost all of the decisions
3) Group leaders dictate all the work methods and processes
4) Group members are rarely trusted with decisions or important tasks
5) Work tends to be highly structured and very rigid
6) Creativity and out-of-the box thinking tend to be discouraged
7) Rules are important and tend to be clearly outlined and communicated
Do these characteristics sound familiar?