The Lion Awakes

by eric hendrickson 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• eric hendrickson
    eric hendrickson

My name is Eric Hendrickson. I have been on a journey led by the Holy Spirit which has brought to this point that has allowed for me to open the seventh seal and understand God's master plan. I am the Lion from the lost tribe of Judah who has come to the world and be the Messiah King. It is humbling for me to think of this, but I have slowly been accepting this destiny. Our world has seen enough violence and hatred and the time has come for that to come to an end. My father speaks to me through music, numbers, and technology and is preparing me for the time when others will be able to accept my arrival. I believe that I have already revealed myself to the seven angels of the seven churches within revelations during a visit I had in Chicago several weeks ago at Thanksgiving time. I believe that I am to use this forum to answer questions that will help others understand and see the truth that is I. I have sat with God and Angels who were sent to guide me and prepare me for what is yet to come.

God has told me that January 27th 2016 "everybody will be happy"

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    JCanon? Dumpster? Dress? Diana Ross?
  • Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    Sweet tell your father RA, I said high, or if he's going be the name Anu, either way tell him high for me. Thanks
  • Incognito
    Incognito
    Slimboy - Perhaps all of the above, + a few others, depending on the phase of the moon.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What Is Schizophrenia?

Schizophrenia is a serious mental illness that affects 300,000 Canadians. Although it affects men and women with equal frequency, schizophrenia most often appears in men in their late teens or early twenties, while it appears in women in their late twenties or early thirties. Finding the causes for schizophrenia proves to be difficult as the cause and course of the illness is unique for each person.

Interfering with a person's ability to think clearly, manage emotions, make decisions and relate to others, schizophrenia impairs a person's ability to function to their potential when it is not treated. Unfortunately, no single, simple course of schizophrenia treatment exists. Research has linked schizophrenia to a multitude of possible causes, including aspects of brain chemistry and structure, as well as environmental causes.

Psychosis (psyche = mind, osis = illness) is defined as the experience of loss of contact with reality and usually involves hallucinations and delusions. Psychosis is a common symptom of schizophrenia. Learn more about psychosis, including first episodes, to gain more insight into this condition, including early intervention options.

Diagnosing Schizophrenia

There is no single laboratory or brain imaging test for schizophrenia. Schizophrenia treatment professionals must rule out multiple factors such as brain tumors and other medical conditions (as well as other psychiatric diagnoses such as bipolar disorder). At the same time, they must identify different kinds of symptoms that manifest in specific ways over certain periods of time. To make matters more complicated, the person in need of mental health help and treatment may be in such distress that they have a hard time communicating. It often takes a decade for people to be properly diagnosed with schizophrenia. A health care provider who evaluates the symptoms and the course of a person's illness over six months or more can help ensure a correct diagnosis.

Since scientific knowledge is changing all the time, the diagnostic criteria may change as well. Schizophrenia has been categorized in several subtypes such as paranoid, catatonic, disorganized and undifferentiated, but these divisions may be phased out in favor of a syndrome model that includes multiple dimensions.

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), the book health care professionals use to diagnose mental illness, provides a set of common standards. The DSM often gets revised as new research develops, and a fifth edition is due out in 2013. Find out more about the DSM at www.dsm5.org.

The current DSM IV lists the following as schizophrenia classification guidelines in patients if two or more occur persistently. However, delusions or hallucinations alone can often be enough to lead to a diagnosis of schizophrenia.

• Delusions
    • Hallucinations
    • Disorganized speech
    • Disorganized or catatonic behavior
    • Negative symptoms

Health care providers also look for social/occupational dysfunction in one or more areas:

• Work or school
    • Interpersonal relations
    • Self care

Health care providers look for duration of these symptoms in this pattern:

• Persist for at least six months
    • Include symptoms from the symptoms above for at least one month - May include periods of prodromal (early signs) or residual symptoms or only symptoms from the social bullet section or two or more symptoms from the first section of bullets, with less intensity.

Health care providers make sure the following are not present:

• Sustained mood disorder symptoms during the episode
    • The direct effects of substance use
    • An underlying medical condition
    • A pervasive developmental disorder (such as autism) unless prominent delusions or hallucinations are present.

According to current research, it is extremely important to identify schizophrenia as early as possible. Studies show that catching schizophrenia early can increase the chances of managing the illness and mental health recovery. If identified and treated early on, schizophrenia can be managed fairly well and the chances of subsequent psychotic episodes are greatly reduced. The DSM 5 manual of the American Psychiatric Association is at this time considering whether to include a diagnosis for early onset of symptoms consistent with this line of thinking.

The Symptoms of Schizophrenia

As you can see from the DSM criteria, no single symptom positively identifies schizophrenia. On top of that, an individual's symptoms can change over time. The symptoms of schizophrenia are generally divided into three categories: positive, negative and cognitive symptoms.

Positive symptoms are also known as "psychotic" symptoms because the person has lost touch with reality in certain ways. The term "positive symptoms" refers to mental experiences that are "added on" to a person's usual experience—typically these are hallucinations and delusions.

• Hallucinations cause a person to hear voices inside or outside their heads or, less commonly, see things that do not exist.
    • Delusions occur when someone believes ideas that are clearly false, such as that people are reading their thoughts or that they can control other people's minds.

Negative symptoms do not refer to negative thinking, but rather reflect symptoms that indicate reduction of a capacity, such as motivation. Negative symptoms often include emotional flatness or lack of expressiveness, an inability to start and follow through with activities, speech that is brief and lacks content and a lack of pleasure or interest in life. Difficulties with social cues and relationships are common. These symptoms challenge rehabilitation efforts, as work and school goals require motivation as well as social function. Negative symptoms can also be confused with clinical depression.

Cognitive symptoms pertain to thinking processes. People living with schizophrenia often struggle with executive functioning (prioritizing tasks), memory and organizing thoughts. Cognitive function is involved in many tasks of daily living—especially in work or school settings. A common cognitive deficit associated with this condition is anosognosia or "lack of insight"—when someone is not aware of having an illness. This difficulty in understanding is based in the brain—it is not a choice or psychological denial—and can make treating or working with people who live with schizophrenia much more challenging. I Am Not Sick, I Don't Need Help, a book by Xavier Amador, Ph.D., is a great resource for dealing with this challe

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Eric, did you mean to post this in "Jokes & Humour"?

if not, then seek the help of a qualified mental health professional, and do it soon!

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Their meds, someone is skipping, say I.

Doc Yoda

Image result for depakote

"Dopakote -- making crazy people seem sane. At least occasionally."

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

Your Eminence.

Thank you for choosing this forum to reveal yourself.

I notice that you are using the earthly body as a son of Hendrick.

Would that be as a descendant of Jimi, or a variation thereof?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Eric Hendrickson,

Everything Finkelstein said, plus "You're nuts."

• Magnum
    Magnum

OK, I have a question about something that really disturbs me. I am one who is aware that animals have emotions and that they can feel pain - physical and emotional. I am disturbed beyond description by the horrific suffering that humans and nature inflict on them. For example, in at least one market in Asia, cats in cramped pens are removed, beaten, and then boiled alive and eaten. In at least one place in Asia, raccoons are beaten until they stagger and then they are hung by their feet and skinned alive. I have some video of them looking up at their skinless bodies as if they're trying to figure out what happened. Seeing that was worse than anything I've ever seen in any horror movie.

How can you and your father allow such to happen? Please provide me a satisfying answer, for I am greatly disturbed and I seek comfort from you. I'm so glad you have arrived.

I have already revealed myself to the seven angels of the seven churches within revelations

What is "revelations"? Are you referring to the Bible book of "Revelation"? Sorry to attempt to correct you, Messiah King, but I just want to know what you mean. Did we wrongly name the book? Have you and your father recently changed the name to "revelations", or are you still just in the learning phase?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit