What Did the Following People Have in Common?

by no-zombie 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

WHAT DID THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE HAVE IN COMMON?

1 Job
    2 The widow of Zaraphath
    3 Naaman
    4 The Samaritan Leper (one of the 10 lepers)
    5 The Roman army officer of Capernaum
    6 Cornelius and his guests

None were ...

Israelites
    Jewish converts
    Part of the Abrahamic Covenant
    Christians
    Part of a Christian congregation
    In a dedicated relationship with God
    or
    Baptized

However ...

All were directly given Holy Spirit or individually blessed by God ... even though, they were not part of 'Jehovah's Organization'.

Take time to think what this really means.

LUKE 4:24-29
    ACTS 10:34-35

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

A Jehovah’s Witness might say: what do Korah, Dathan, Abiram, Ananias and Sapphira have in common? They disobeyed God’s channel. Jehovah has worked through an organisation throughout history, especially in these last days when he works through the faithful slave.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

They all died , the same as slims list.

• no-zombie
    no-zombie

Witnesses might say that about Korah, Dathan, Abiram or Ananias and Sapphira, that's true. However their stories was a little more complex than being simply disobedient to Moses or the Apostles.

Regardless of that, while a case could be made that God has used organizational structures over time for his own ends, a person would be on shaky grounds Biblically if they claimed that personal salvation is impossible without being a part of one (the current blessed one, that is), which was sort of the point Jesus was trying to make in Luke chapter 4.

But if that is that case, then modern day Witnesses should speak fondly of the people who become Catholics between the years of 4th and 14th century, as that organization was clearly used by God to preserve the Bible.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Korah, Dathan, Abiram, Ananias and Sapphira?????

My reply to JW's: They were all dealing with persons who had displayed God-given powers. Setting up a printing business and real estate empire doesn't prove divine selection!

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I think the GB would say that those were all "early JWs", in the sense that they served Jehovah faithfully or at least sought him out on their own. I do think it throws a wrench into the idea that only those who are baptized JWs have a hope for salvation.

• FFGhost
    FFGhost

JWs believe that non-JWs are "individually blessed by God", when they pray for help and then 5 minutes later (as the stories always go) a JW couple knocks on their door and offers them a "Bible" study.

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

But if that is that case, then modern day Witnesses should speak fondly of the people who become Catholics between the years of 4th and 14th century, as that organization was clearly used by God to preserve the Bible.”

Yes I have heard it said that Tindale and others who helped preserve the Bible were part of the 144k

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit