rebuilding JW homes & insurance question

by MrRoboto 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can confirm with their own experience, but especially with any kind of documents, as to whether the org really does take insurance money from disaster victims after the RBC / LDC repairs their homes? And what of non-JWs that might get assistance from them?

This last WT study article for me thinking, what with all that unhypocritical love the org has going on.

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather

I don't know about other countries, but in India, the branch had helped us out with rebuilding our homes during the 2004 Tsunami and other floods thereafter. So out of my experience:

whether the org really does take insurance money from disaster victims after the RBC / LDC repairs their homes?

Not here in India

And what of non-JWs that might get assistance from them?

Assistance? The locals ambushed and looted most of the relief supplies sent by the branch and other JW's. At checkpoints, police used to frisk these trucks and kept 1 out of 3 items for themselves. You can see videos of locals pulling jewelry out from the dead bodies.

I live in a city of 1.8 million people with only 150 JW's. So during a flood, by the time WT supplies reaches these JW's, thousands in between would have chewed and helped themselves from these supplies.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Good to hear they don't take it in India but wow! It's amazing there's anything left for the 150 JWs there after everyone has pulled out what they wanted

• Anony Mous
    Anony Mous

Yes they do take the money.

What happens is that people in the area or even abroad volunteer their time and materials to help the affected.

The WTBTS, licensed as a general contractor in various countries sends a bill to the insurance company for the estimate repairs at market value (including products and labor) and then cashes it in.

This procedure was explained quite a few years ago in the Kingdom Ministry in addition to a letter. The RBC documents also have a procedure for it. It makes very clear (a stern warning) that the homeowner keeping the money or asking the insurance company to pay out after the JWs have helped would be very inappropriate - obviously this helps in obfuscating the fact that the WTBTS already put in a claim on their behalf.

• stillin
    stillin

Well, that's what insurance is for, right? I have a problem with inflated prices, though. I have always felt that if I am in a position to volunteer money or labor, it is best to leave bloodsucking organizations out of it. Sure, the combined strength of an organized effort makes for better headlines, but person-to-person, heart-to-heart is much more satisfying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit