For any victims of abuse by Elders/Watchtower

by nicolaou 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

If you are still holding on to your story and struggling alone please, please consider speaking up now. The Australian Royal Commission into child abuse has shown that these enquiries are not toothless and can in fact make a difference, but only if they are empowered by brave individuals like you.

Now it's the turn of the UK. Yes, there's been a few false starts but now is the time to tell them what happened. They need your voice. Be brave.

www.iicsa.org.uk/victims-and-survivors/how-share-your-experience

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Bump (I think you say here). this is important.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Wish I could edit the title to reflect that this is a UK enquiry. Simon?!

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Wish I could edit the title to reflect that this is a UK enquiry.

Actually I understood the one you linked to above is for ENGLAND and WALES.

There is another separate Inquiry for SCOTLAND - which is currently running.

There has also been another Inquiry for NORTHERN IRELAND.

I posted a thread last month that listed the individual Official Inquiries with links to their websites here:

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6309359665545216/child-abuse-inquiry-websites

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

You're absolutely correct of course darkspilver, thank you.

• Awakenednow
    Awakenednow

Has anyone in USA started a class action like Australia?

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

With those TV adds coming out of NY about, "If you've been sexually abused by a JW call us", so maybe with that will come momentum and then an action like the ARC. Just maybe.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Although I appreciate your sentiments Nic I think if people don't want to speak about being sexually abused that's up to them, that's the way they need to deal with it. I particularly object to you telling them to be brave. Don't you think someone who was raped continually as a child and then managed to grow up, have a life, have a sexual relationship as an adult and not kill themselves has already been very, very brave.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Check out the BBC TV Crimewatch One Hour Special on Child Sex Abuse that was broadcast on Monday 27 February 2017:

Hundreds of calls into @NSPCC as result of @BBCCrimewatch special. Extra staff being brought in. Lots of callers speaking out for first time.

https://twitter.com/jonkay01/status/836339035866034176

WATCH: https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/5714189639221248/_post/6331968474054656

• rebelfighter
    rebelfighter

Being brave and talking about the abuse serves three purposes. It will most importantly get a predator off the streets. Secondly it will expose these awful policies practiced by the WT. Third, although I was never sexually abused but suffered sever physical and emotional abuse as a child and adult, I dealt with it as a previous poster stated by putting it behind me and ignoring it. At the age of 65 there was one trigger that set everything in motion and all the memories. It is now taking a major toll on me and for the first time I am having to actually confront and deal with it through serious therapy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit