No more Not At Homes

by DanShanks 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• a watcher
    a watcher

I leave tracts at not-at-homes. That way the message has been delivered whether we go back or not.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

The privacy thing is good. I remember, in the 90's that a local elder here, lost his paper notebook with 10+ years of specific notes about people in the field. As he told me, everything was written down in that notebook. It was just before his litle son decided to spread his complete watchtower book home library into the post boxes of half the city 😄 It was all in the family...

G.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

stan ,

All you have to do is place a NO DOOR KNOCKERS sticker on your door ,if you don`t want them or anybody else not to call.

I have one here next to my PC ,i want them to call but sadly my wife doesn`t want me to upset them ,mainly because we still have a niece who is an active JW and the wife doesn`t want it to get back to her.

Neglecting the fact that the niece hasn`t spoken to us in years.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A good sticker/notice is one that says something similar to : " We charge $50.00 for the first minute if you wish to sell us anything, including Religion, a subsequent charge for every further minute will be incurred. You have agreed to pay this if you ring or knock" ( this wording or as the Theo. School had it, " or substance thereof".)

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

If they start showing up at my door, I hope they are ready to deal with German. I doubt there is even one hounder in the whole region that is good enough at speaking and understanding German to be able to work with me in that language--and material in that language from secular sources is relatively hard to come by compared to Spanish and French. Also, German is rarely taught in high school compared to Spanish, French, and Mandarin Chinese.

I wonder how many times it will take them to realize they are not getting any information from me in a language they can understand.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Sir82, thanks for the link!

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

Once I woke up every door was a not-at-home for me. I would not ring the bell, a) just kept walking , c) reported later as all doors done.

All of this only if I could not avoid the ministry at all.

Zing

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

How long until Dubs are doing Carts for most of the “witnessing”, and what happens when that becomes harder because of liabilities and complaints by the public??

What will they have left? Mandatory Monthly Broadcasts that require them to check in with some kind of GB approved service??

DD

• DanShanks
    DanShanks

nobody in my cong does NH anymore, they just cant remember.

We do a map and 90% are not at home, then we do another map

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I've never had a JW door knocker. And I've been out 3 years and moved house twice.

Not even a tract through my letter box during the memorial/convention campaign.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit