Doe, et al v National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, PA.

by Richard Oliver 4 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

This is a lawsuit brought by Watchtower against an insurance company. The company provided four insurance policies between 1989 and 1993. The policies were there to pay out any liability damages that would arise during that time from any damages caused by Elders and MSs advice. There were a number of exceptions that were spelled out in the policy which included that of a sexual nature and that if an elder or MS violated a law then the payout would not qualify. Apparently, 3 insurers filed a claim so that the insurance company would pay out for damages but the company refused to pay for it. There was a civil action and the insurance company won a summary judgment. The Plaintiffs appealed the decision and the appeals court reversed that decision and remanded it back to the court for a full trial. What I can glean from the case is that it is possible that the action that arose from the advice was that of child sexual abuse.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Hi Richard can you post the link to this case please, thanks.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I hope WT loses again!

They certainly are not heeding this Bible admonition:

1 Corinthians 7:31
    Deal as sparingly as possible with the things the world thrusts on you. This world as you see it is on its way out

Sylvia

• Richard Oliver
    Richard Oliver

The Dissenting opinion of the chief judge can be found at https://casetext.com/case/doe-v-natl-union-fire-ins-co-of-pittsburgh

If anyone wants the full opinion which is the majority opinion let me know and I will email you a PDF copy of it.

• WHATSGOINGON
    WHATSGOINGON

Thanks Richard !!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit