What actually DID you learn?

by punkofnice 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I learned that if you don't have an answer, the default position is; 'God can do it using magic.'
  • InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I learnt a lot of bible characters, greek language/grammar, bible history, bible in general.

By reading the literature I have learnt a lot on various subjects, especially since at my time Awake was published twice a month each having 32 pages and the layout was not as "airy" as today.

• prologos
    prologos
    I have learnt a lot on various subjects, especially since at my time Awake was published twice a month each having 32 pages and the layout was not as "airy" as today.

yeah, it had those little filler items. to use all the space available. in one of them they quoted reader's digest, that birds opened their feathers on the upstroke and closed them on the downstroke,*** an old wrong myth, the opposite is true, and when called on it, the writer later snuck in the correction in a barely related topic. ha. so,

don't brag about your non-education at ga college.

***In flight, birds do not flap their wings to push the air down to climb. The flapping is akin to the flapping of fishes ',- wales' tailfins to generate forward thrust. Opening the feathers on the downstroke, particularly at the tips creates more flexible flapping surfaces pushing air backward.

I learned that awake,is not yet in the ga golden age of science

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I admit there have been interesting Awake!(tm) articles.

there have been some funny titles too...

"Swiss- the Tasty Cheese With Holes In It"

"Tree Frogs- Friend or Foe?’’

"Are You Plagued With Loose Bowels?"

"The Mighty Carrot."

• Half banana
    Half banana
    Punky, these are subjects to die for...how could one live without this knowledge? But then again these choice items, prepared so lovingly by the FDS, are just the peaks in a swamp of ignorance...(gosh I'm getting very sarcastic in my old age)
  • done4good
    done4good
    Diogenesister - I learnt about the nasty side of human nature from some particularly unpleasant bible characters.

Any other subjects they touched on where at such a superficial level I have forgotten it all.

Well put.

d4g

• Saintbertholdt
    Saintbertholdt

I learned that there were exactly 12 rows of chairs in our kingdom hall. Almost split right down the middle with a center isle. 9 chairs were on the left of each row and 10 on the right.

Now that I think about it the numbers can't be right... so I don't think I learned anything.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    I learned how to get comfy at an a$$emb£y and fall asleep.
  • Phizzy
    Phizzy

I learned very little from the WT/JW org in all my 58 years of attending, what I did learn from them was 98/99% false.

I did absorb a couple of things, more from my JW parents than the actual religion, they were to love truth and to hate evil.

It was my love of Truth that forced me to leave, once I realized it was a Tower of Lies. It was my hatred of evil that convinced me I had made the right decision, once I put the spotlight on the JW history and practices I realized that the Org (not individual JW's) is actually evil.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Puzzy - I realized that the Org (not individual JW's) is actually evil.

Yes. It's the scammer not the scammed that are the villains.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit