"Midnight Mass" on Netflix

by smiddy3 7 Replies latest social entertainment

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

I watched the 7 part series and finished today .What struck me about the show was how one could cherry pick scriptures to believe whatever you want to believe.

The use of scriptures to back up the beliefs was in my mind an eye opener.

OK so it was over the top and a horror supernatural series with a bit of blood and gore,and if your a bit squeamish about that sort of thing close your eyes till those parts are over .

But what I found fascinating ,intriguing,was how one of the main characters used scriptures to enforce her understanding of how they applied to the here and now of the series.

Cherry picking of scriptures to believe what you want to believe,with a little help from a Priest ,Pastor ,Organization.

I would recommend it ,as you can easily see how, their are now more than 40,000 different Christian sects in the world including the mainstream ones who believe they only have the "truth".

I welcome your thoughts if you have seen it.

PS. Obviously their are no JW`s on this Island .

• Simon
    Simon

We watched it, it was pretty well done.

We're now watching Severance which is, well, surreal. It's fascinating because unlike some shows, you have NO idea where things are going or what is really going on.

• Biahi
    Biahi

We have discovered Shameless, an 11 season show on Netflix. We are hooked.

• Simon
    Simon

Money Heist (dubbed Spanish programme) is pretty fun too.

• RolRod
    RolRod

I finished it today. Great series

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Awesome. I was looking for something to watch.

What service carries "Severence"? I don't see it on Netflix.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Terrific show.

My daughter (who's a major horror geek) and I have been Mike Flanagan fans for a while now.

If anyone's interested in checking out some of his other stuff, there's The Haunting of Hill House (also on Netflix), and a movie called Oculus.

• Simon
    Simon

"Severence" is AppleTV. They don't have a lot of content, but the ones they do have are quite good (although I can't decide if I liked "Foundation" yet). "See" is another unusual one with an interesting premise (a plague wiped out much of humanity and everyone left is blind, then a few seeing people come along) but it's well done and quite captivating. My measure is how many times you want to "Play next" when it's getting late.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit