Saturday Let the Games Begin

by Poztate 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate

The start of a new Memorial season is upon us. Saturday is the day for the start of the invites to look but not touch the bread and wine. The "Observer Class" is a belief unique to Jehovah's Witnesses.

Along with the invite to the masses a special effort is being made this year by the Elders to invite all the DF's, Da's and Faders.

Along with the invite a copy of the RTJ will be left with them.

Naturally we will still be treated as pariah's if we do attend but it is the thought that counts.

I am of the "Fader Class" as I don't wish to rock the boat with my Wife and extended family. I expect my visit Saturday since an Elder has already been sniffing around me but he can't start before the appointed time. My Wife will be out doing invites so no better time.

How will I handle it ? I plan on ignoring the door bell. Am I afraid of them ? Not in the least. I have been out since 1982.

I do know they are required to contact me so they will be back (again and again) until they finally catch me. I feel that wasting their time and annoying them is the least I can do amuse myself. When they finally catch me I will refuse the invitation and RTJ booklet and avoid any questions.

Are you expecting a knock at the door ? How will you handle it ?

• Tricked
    Tricked

Yes, I'm wondering if I'll get a knock on my door. I haven't been to a meeting since the end of November and no contact so far. My doorbell rang today and I could see 2 Elders wife's who don't even say "hello" to me at the KH. I ignored them thinking they were just wanting to use toilet but wondering if they had been sent to test me out. Hate that people that don't know me and have never made any effort to get to know me have been given my home address.

I did think no-one had noticed me missing but maybe I'm now on radar?

• Poztate
    Poztate

Everyone is on the radar this year. If they know where you live you will be called upon.

I am sure it's because they love you and not that they need your money. Yeah Right

Are you a fader ? What are you going to do ?

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once
    Don't expect to see them but you nevah know. I'll tell them that I already have the WT article that they reprinted for the bullsure.
  • Tricked
    Tricked
    I'm planning on DA'ing but it's going to be on my timeline, not theirs. I will try and be out tomorrow with my family so I don't need to speak to them. I have an unbelieving husband that I haven't told yet.
  • Sail Away
    Sail Away
    I don't think they will dare to darken my doorstep. I threatened, by certified mail from my attorney, to sue any JW who attempts to contact me in any official organizational capacity. They don't want me back. Trust me.
  • All for show
    All for show

I think I am on the radar. We have gotten a couple calls from an elder, but have since blocked numbers and don't know if we have missed calls or texts. They usually correspond pathetically via text. We had a service group stop by and I hid in the house.

Thanks for the warning, tomorrow i will make sure we are not playing outside with the kids! I have a hard time faking things- I would not accept a RTJ booklet and actually would tell them it was offensive and never left him. The memorial, I am definitely not going.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

We never saw hide nor hair of an invite after we D'Assoc'd, or any other litter from them. I wouldn't think they would ever bother us again but never say never. I hope they don't but if they knock I'll be polite while saying we have no intention of ever having anything to do with the WT Pedophile Protective Society.

Marina

• brandnew
    brandnew

What about if they're bout to df someone????? Do they just drop the charges and call it even???😂😂

Mad Puppy

• Poztate
    Poztate

Thanks for the warning, tomorrow i will make sure we are not playing outside with the kids!

They have a whole month to get you, not just tomorrow but good luck.

Anyone that is Da'd or Df'd should maybe ask them at the door if they are going to be treated just like "normal people" if they come or still be treated like shit. Watch their eyes glaze over and the stammering begin.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit