Didn't get the Watchtower today at all

by Pioneerbot 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot
    I know it's dumb to think it would make sense. I've been telling myself to lay low because everytime I ask a question now my husband says I have a negative attitude and I sound like an apostate. Hmmm wonder why. Anyway there have been several articles within recent memory that really hammered home that the great crowd aren't God's children until after the 1000 years are up. I read the posts in another thread and looked up a bunch on my own. So how can they spend the whole Watchtower droning on about what a loving Father God is? I asked my husband that and he said of course he's our Father because he made us. The closest the watchtower gets to this is in discussing Acts 17 where Paul says (RNWT) that we are his children that we his product. Wow thanks dad that sounds real loving. I can't find a scripture they use to back the idea that God is the father of the great crowd now. I know it's all nonsense but how do people not notice this stuff?
  • Simon
    Simon

They are just preparing people mentally for the 2nd Millerite "great disappointment".

It'll be 1,000 years ... at least ... but stay faithful ! (yay)

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

If God were your Dad, then you would be a sibling to ToMo.

That's not possible, because you may recall, that ToMo appeals to his Big Brother (Jesus).

Sorry, Pioneerbot, but your smaller-then-men cranium is showing.

However, commendation is warranted that you are asking these questions of your head.

In future, we would recommend that you continue this course, and no longer submit questions to persons that are not your head.

Christian Love and Greetings,

Watch Tower Blah Blah Blah

• Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot
    @berrygerry my husband suggested I write in to the society and ask. I told him that would not be wise. I guess I should be more respectful.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

If hubby said that - here's a strategy.

First off, WT views letters as "spiritual weakness." If they eventually answer, they notify the writer's congregation elders about the correspondence.

So, I suggest telling hubby that you feel that it would be presumptuous for a woman to directly contact the Society. So, you would be more than willing to jointly compose the letter, but to respectfully send it in his name.

Fallout may take a number of months, but it will come - in only a positive way for you (and ultimately, for hubby).

• Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot
    @berrygerry I like that. I will work on that. Oddly enough I've been postponing a fade to protect him but this would provide the right cover. And he suggested it.
  • Divergent
    Divergent

Are you referring to the posts made here? -

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/6255910968098816/november-22-study-article-god-hypocrite-impartial

I didn't think about that point myself until fastJehu brought it up. The average JW would not know the difference at all. My understanding is that God only acknowledges people as his children after the thousand year reign (Rev 21: 7) Meaning to say if we call ourselves God's children now, it's as good as calling ourselves God's bastard children as he has not acknowledged his paternity towards us!

• Pioneerbot
    Pioneerbot
    Yes that's it @divergent I just noticed the link key on the comment box. I'm slow with this stuff. Must be because my brain is 10% smaller. I know no one noticed in the congregation we attended because everyone was lapping up the idea they were Gods children. It was practically a revival meeting. Can I get an amen?
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Amen!

Youre a funny one pioneerbot! Good luck with everything!

• Divergent
    Divergent

Errr... Amen? =P

Anyway, I was more fixated with the "Jehovah protects & safeguards us but yet does not do so" part. That would be the more obvious part that would get people thinking. I wonder what the brothers & sisters in Malawi & or those in other countries which are undergoing or who have experienced tribulation are thinking. It's like a slap in the face to them!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit