Stay Sweet Pray an Obey documentary

by moomanchu 2 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Started watching this documentary on the FDLS polygamist mormons. Usual cult stuff that is familiar. In episode 1 the abused women talk about things they enjoyed. One thing they liked was going to their library. It was a highly censored library though, even cut out pages of encyclopedias.

As they panned the book shelf I thought that looks like the Insight books. Sure enough Insight books made it into the cults library. Literally LOL . 28 minute mark E1 Net Flix.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

Ha! I watched that whole series and I missed that!

A lot of similarities with these cults. What was really striking to me, was when Warren Jeffs (current imprisoned leader) took over, and he started "tightening the screws." Also, they mention how even the "feel" and atmosphere of the religion changed. More controlling, no education, focus on OBEY and GIVING MONEY.

Sound familiar?

Now get this everyone: The very last episode, at the end, shows the FLDS today. Warren Jeff's has been imprisoned for over 10-15 years now. However, everyone in the town he created still sees him as a Prophet and leader, and only THEY are the 1 true religion on earth. There's now almost grown kids that have never seen this pervert in person, but they adhere to his every word.

What I'm getting at is this: Here we have a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE, rotting in jail........and he passes his decrees to his followers outside every week and they OBEY without question. If a scumbag convicted pedophile like this still has a following, what are the chances the WatchTower crumbles, even IF the entire GB were arrested, tried, and convicted all within a month? There'd STILL be a group of brain-dead morons out here hanging on to their every word and proclamation. It's whack!!!! Then again, here in Pennsylvania we still have small groups of Millennial Dawn and Bible Students re-printing and following CT Russell's original lunatic literature. (can you imagine?)

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

"Here we have a CONVICTED PEDOPHILE, rotting in jail........and he passes his decrees to his followers outside every week and they OBEY without question"

That only needs to be modified slightly to make it refer to the GB: "Here we have the enablers of convicted paedophiles, cordoned off from the world in their compound... and they pass their decrees to their followers outside every week and they OBEY without question ".

Interestingly, there is little difference between cult leaders directing their cult from jail or from a secure compound.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit