Just wanted to say hello to everyone

by Sadie5 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

It's been awhile since I've been able to post. I started working for Wal-mart in September and have had a hectic time since then. At first I was working all kinds of hours, sometimes morning, sometimes evening, never had two days off in a row so it felt like I was working all the time. They finally got me on a consistant schedule and I get two days off together, (hope it lasts!)

I enjoy working there, but my body is starting to feel my age, my feet and legs hurt so much at times. My co-workers consist of three ladies who are quite a ways past retirement age but continue to work. One is raising her 3 great grandchildren and needs the income for it. Another two ladies are my age and hold down two jobs, one because her ex-husband quit paying child support and she had to get a second job to make up the difference. The other lady took a pay cut at her other job so has to work at Wal-mart to make up the difference.

I've run into a few JWs since starting. It's a mixed reaction. Some will talk to me if their spouse or other family member is not present. (We are trained to greet all our customers and call them by name if we know it.) Others will ignore me and continue to shop in my department or quickly run off to another. I find the ones that ignore me to be quite ironic. One is an elders wife and she was out shopping with a worldly gal pal, she just continued to shop and try on clothes after I said hello to her and she just looked at me and turned away. Another lady was disfellowshipped several years ago for adultery. She is now quite the active pioneer and she quickly ran off to another department when I greeted her. Another works for a company that has a display inside Wal-mart. She will talk to me but if her husband comes by she won't. I find them to be downright silly at times. It's getting so it bothers me less and less. I was never DF or DA just quit going. At least I was never notified of any action.

On the home front, my mom has her good days and bad days. Recently she had problems with her stomach bleeding from all the meds they give her. she got very weak and I had to sit and feed her. She continues to share with me some of the things she has gone through and has not talked of in years. She was raped when she was 16, I never knew it. I sat and cried with her for what she went through.

Hubby's business is still on the roller coaster. I think he did a bit better than what he did last year. He can make in a couple days what I make in two weeks. So there are times that my Wal-mart check seems so meager and other times when we are grateful it was there for food and the light bill. His business left us in the red last year with venders encouraging us to run credit with them, they kept saying things will get better, they didn't. We're slowing digging out of debt, it's like trying to dig out after a blizzard with a small shovel. You're going to make some progress but it takes an awful long time.

Today is my day off and I'm hoping to get the house in shape and put up our Christmas tree. Last year we were so broke, we didn't have a tree or presents. this year we'll have the tree and there'll be some present under it.

Well I best get at my dishes, cleaning and laundry. And I said this is my day off. Will try to post more if I can.

Best wishes to all,

Sadie

• mouthy
    mouthy

Thanks so much for visiting again. Lovely to E you...My wish for you is That the New Year will bring much more blessings than last year. Sadie. Sorry about your Mum... Hope today she is feeling alot better. I wouldnt worry about those who shun you.... They must feel guilty at some point- then they will get ulcers ( like I did when I was mixed up) wanting to please God -but feeling it wasnt right. Let us hope they too will see the light. Have a Merry Chrsitmas. (hug)

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Hi Sadie. I've been taught to pity such persons and it works. Glad to hear that your in a better position this year. Stay strong and do post more.

Guest 77

• Been there
    Been there

How ever slowly, as long as you continue to go forward and not back, then it is good. I was wondering how things were going for you. Merry Christmas and best wishes for the New Year.

• blondie
    blondie

Sadie5, I was just thinking about you yesterday and Walmart. It is good your mom has you there and she is not alone like many older ladies I know. I'm their surrogate daughter/granddaughter. I'm glad that the monetary scene is going in the right direction even if in small increments.

So far no one has shunned me because I'm inactive. Then I haven't run into too many people. My husband has and they have greeted him. But then he just says a friendly hi, makes eye contact and puts out his hand just like always.

I work with a JW and she has been okay so far, probably even nicer since she found out I was inactive. I don't appear so self-righteous I guess.

Don't overwork on your day off. Best wishes to your family and check back in for the holidays if you can.

Blondie

• ChimChim
    ChimChim
    Others will ignore me and continue to shop in my department or quickly run off to another

They don't relize how foolish it makes them look...

My dad does that to mi mom... he looks like a monkey jumping all over the place trying to get away from her

C.C

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit