End of sentences appear to be cut off

by deegee 5 Replies latest forum tech-support

• deegee
    deegee

On about 2 occasions after uploading my comment, I noted that the end of sentences appear to be cut off. This is what I see I don't know if my post also appears that way to others.

This seems to happen especially when long URLs/web addresses are included in my post.

I always select the "full screen" icon from the menu at the top of the comment box in order to view my comment in full screen mode so as to make sure that all of the information is visible, yet, on uploading my comment, the end of sentences appear to be cut off.

Also, in order to make sure that I have included everything I want to state, I sometimes type my comment in MS WORD on my laptop or in a draft e-mail on my phone then copy & paste it into the comment box. Some of these pre-typed comments have included long URLs/web addresses and the end of sentences appear to be cut off in this instance as well - don't know if pre-typing my comment in a word processor and then cutting and pasting it into the thread has anything to do with the problem.

I tried to correct the situation after uploading: I used the editing feature to delete my post. I then refreshed the page and re-pasted the comment. I also reselected the "full screen" icon from the menu at the top of the comment box in order to view my comment in full screen mode ensuring that all of the re-pasted information is visible, yet, on uploading my comment, the end of sentences appear to be cut off.

I also tried starting from scratch by using a new comment box to paste and upload the information again but the end of sentences still appear to be cut off.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Boy you sure are using a lot diversions or methods to post a comment.

Would the size of type or font your using cause a problem when you post it into the comment box ?

Perhaps the change from whats here in JWD to what size your using on you phone or Word program might cut off some of your post ?

• Magnum
    Magnum

What browser are you using? A lot of times, when people post images, they are cut off on the right to me in Internet Explorer, and I can't use the quote feature in Internet Explorer. However, I have neither problem when using Chrome.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

Don't use Word, it has hidden formatting codes. Use plain text Notepad. It uses the .txt file format, no codes. Not even sure .rtf real text files work. I often use notepad if I know I am going to post a long comment, or am writing over several sessions. Copy/paste in comment box, then format using the editor in the forum. It works for me.

Hopefully Simon will chime in.

Snakes

• Moster
    Moster

same here Magnum

• deegee
    deegee

Thanks guys.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit