Born Here In This House

by Undecided 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi All,

I went by the old house I was born in the other day and took a picture. My Grandparents lived here in 1936. It was 1:30 in the morning in one of the upstairs rooms. It was the coldest Feb 10 since that date, I wonder if I had anything to do with that? I can still remember playing in that yard when I was about 5 years old. I seem to be drawn to the old places in my life lately. The only thing I can remember in the house is my great uncle sitting in a chair, so drunk that he pissed in his pants.

Ken P.

• ChimChim
    ChimChim

It's a nice house

The only thing I can remember in the house is my great uncle sitting in a chair, so drunk that he pissed in his pants.

What a lovely memory, cherish it

C.C

• Loris
    Loris

It's funny what memories we hold on to.

About the only memory of my great uncle was when he got drunk and was hanging by his knees from the clothesline and my grandmother, his sister, was smacking him with the broom. All us cousins were rolling on the ground laughing.

I cherish those days.

Loris

• Englishman
    Englishman

This is where I spent the first 5 years of my life. The back streets of Bolton, our back gate is on the left. On Monday's, the residents hung out their washing right across the street.

Englishman.

• Netty
    Netty

Hi Undecided,

I really think there is some deeper meaning to you being drawn to this home. For the longest time, I have been dreaming about the house that I grew up in. It drives me crazy, doesnt matter what the dream is about, somehow the house is ALWAYS in the dream. The only thing that I can think of, is that I must have been longing for the comfort of being the innocent child I was when I lived there, I dont know.

I really do think it has a meaning though.

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

The urge to return to our past is interesting. Lately I have found that many of the perceptions of my early childhood were so skewed, that when I return (if only in my dreams) it is for clarification, to attempt to understand what "really happened" from the adult point of view. Most of my relatives are so closed mouthed about things that are important to me now. They don't wish to speak of those times--even my mom--and that tends to make me even more curious. It has been difficult, though I have found that I have one aunt, by marriage, who is always happy to help me out. She is 84 and has an excellent memory. We've had some nice discussions.

Things seen in the eyes of children are so innocent. Children don't dissect people, they just take what they find, what they see, what they hear, what they feel and build lives around those things. It's cognition, and sometimes it can be damaged. It can seriously affect the psyche of who we are and how we grow into adults.

If you are continually being drawn to a place or a person, it is usually to get some clarification. Familiar places that hold both good and bad memories are all part of the garden we were born into. For some of us, the garden was filled with some nasty weeds, and we have to eventually get rid of those "weeds" so we can truly smell the flowers that grew there.

Very nice house.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit