What food are you grateful for?

by punkofnice 69 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    nonjwspouse
    doubtfull1799
    I have in my pantry , for my sister, Chili flavored Chocolate.

I got some chili choc yesterday. They sell it in Aldi £1.19 I think, here in the UK. (Sorry, I can't afford to shop in M&S).

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Punkie, I get mine at Aldi as well. ( Here in TN) I love that store, and it is my first grocery stop when shopping. Aldi has the best quality chocolate around. I found Aldi also has plenty of quite good products (My description of good is the fewer ingredients I cannot pronounce, the better).

I found out that Aldi is the parent company for a popular high end grocery chain here Trader Joe's.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

nonnie - I take it TN is Tennessee in the US? I didn't know they'd ventured out of Europe.

We also have Lidl over here which is a similar sort of store.

I am glad we have Eastern Europen shops in the UK. I got some gorgeous red bell peppers as big as your 'ead. Lithuanian.

• The Rebel
    The Rebel

A portion of chips from the chippy, with lots of salt, a healthy splash of sarsons malt vinegar & topped with daddies sauce yummy.

A donner kebab with a strong chilly sauce and lots of green pepperoni....ummmm paradise.

• tiki
    tiki

Fried clams

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I'm not a fan of the UK's cultural comfort food, fish and chips since they changed the oil some years back. Makes me a bit icky.

It was an after ministry treat back in the '70's when I was a kid.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Yes Punkie, I in fact live a little over an hour away from where Barbara Anderson lives.

We don;t have the other stores you mentioned.

For years Aldi was hardly patronized, but I have seen in the last 3 years the consumers pouring in, I notated the number of cash registers open and the number of employees. Aldi is absolutely booming now.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

We used to have a Netto over here, I think they were Danish. We'd drive to Rushden (Northants UK), to go there. Sainsburys took them over. Shame. Netto was cool, Sainsburys isn't.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What food are you grateful for?

They had to get a OUTLAW size KFC Bucket for my order..

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/GeneralWaco/cartruckbucket.jpg

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

OUTLAW - I'll share that with you, looks delish. Bloomin' large chickens though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit