Any ideas what they'll do..

by Mysterious 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

I'm an unbaptised publisher but I want to get out. If I simply quit going cold turkey what do you think they'll do? I should mention my mother is a loyal dubbie but not my father (no worries from his side *winks at Poztate*). Will they try to send someone to talk to me or try and get my mom to work on me or our relatives or what?

I don't believe any of their stuff anymore and I'd rather not lie and say I do but I'm wary about admitting that I don't believe it. Especially since I don't even believe in the bible anymore. I think that would just cause more headaches especially with my mother. Maybe it'd just be easier to flip on my initial reason for quitting, that I'm gay, and not mention that I don't believe anymore. Though I can't say as I want to hear a lecture on the subject. Dad said I don't have to talk to anyone if I don't want to but I'm still curious as to what all will go down..

• minimus
    minimus

The worst that can happen is that they'll announce you're no longer a publisher. You won't be viewed as df'd. Just fade and tell them you're depressed. That seems to work for a lot!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Not going to bother with the fade thing. They put too much pressure on when you go to a meeting. I was sick for a while and they swarmed me when I got back, was positively intolerable.

And any excuses are generally no good because mom lives with me.

• La Capra
    La Capra

Who cares what they will do? Since you were never baptized, there is no "hold" whatsoever. Do you think they will announce that you are no longer a publisher? That you are now "bad association?" When they find out that you are gay, they are going to cut you off anyway. You have a life to live and enjoy, and are quite lucky, like I was, you have a dad that knows what a total crock it all is and will support you in getting an education and a life. The sooner you start living what you know you are going to be living, the sooner you can start healing from the years of suppressing your true self. The only person you should be concerned about shunning you is your mom. And no matter whether you wait, or come out now, you will eventually want to have a relationship with someone and share your life with her. Either way your mom will be part of it or not. You won't be able to control that. Sneaking around and hiding it from her only delays the inevitable. Since you have one parent who supports you for sure, I think you should give it up now. And refuse to meet with elders unless your father is there (that's what I did, way cool when they started to try to intimidate me and he got all paternal on them. SOOO COOOOOOL..."Don't you dare talk to my daughter like that in MY HOUSE! Get the hell out!). Take Care, Shoshana

• Mysterious
    Mysterious
    And refuse to meet with elders unless your father is there (that's what I did, way cool when they started to try to intimidate me and he got all paternal on them. SOOO COOOOOOL..."Don't you dare talk to my daughter like that in MY HOUSE! Get the hell out!).

Yeah dad is threatening things like that. Something to the effect of it being his house and they aren't welcome. And he's already said that any relative that isnt supporitve can f*** off...that's my daddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit