I wonder why?

by copsec 8 Replies latest jw friends

• copsec
    copsec

Something I have always wondered when reading postings on various Ex-JW sites is why some of us (myself included-who was a JW for 29 years) could care less about JW's or the fact I got kicked out. The only reason I even come to these sites if it is nice to make fun of JW's along with others who get the joke. And yet there are those of you who harp on the fact that people shun you, etc. I am not saying your stupid for feeling that way, I have alot of respect for some of you. I am just curious as to why we differ so much when it comes to that.

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    And yet there are those of you who harp on the fact that people shun you, etc.

Are you not shunned by family? Or someone who used to be a very close friend? Those that have been shunned by someone very close to them will often have anger towards that WTS or at least their policy on shunning.

If your family isn't in the organization and you didn't really lose any close friends, I can see why you wouldn't think the shunning practice is a huge deal.

We've all been hurt in different ways by the organization.

• copsec
    copsec

Yes, I have been shunned by people very close to me but my way of thinking is that THEY are the ones who should be hurting over it. I don't feel awful about it cause at least I am FREE. And again, I am not ridiculing those who make a big deal of it, I think it is just interesting how people respond to things. So I hope I do not hurt anyone's feeling or offend because that is not my intention at all.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Copsec,

It hurts and we talk about it because some of us that leave are leaving behind the only friends we ever had. For me, I slowly phased out my old friends, so for the past 12 or 13 years, I developed new friendships and now, those are left behind too......So all of us are starting all over. I never even made friends at work, so its been a rough ride starting out again.

• Mulan
    Mulan

We are shunned and we aren't disfellowshipped. And, yes, it really bugs me, but not as much as it used to. They are wrong to do that to us.

Some of us have long standing issues, that may take a lifetime to heal. Others seem to just be able to move on. I think when you've been part of something like the JW's for 50 years like I was, it takes a long time to get over it, if ever.

• garybuss
    garybuss

I am thankful for the shunning. I hope it continues. It has been a gift. Seldom in one's life to all a person's enemies stand up all at once to be identified. I used to take nice people for granted. Now I appreciate them. I like things the way they are. I'm glad it all worked out this well. GaryB

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

It was a kick in the head from a direction I never expected.

Well... I figured it out, didn't I? So some of us need family more than others and it hurts when the Borg can keep kicking you that way. Others' families are less strict, and therefore it doesn't hurt as much.

CZAR

• mouthy
    mouthy

copsac.... I dont want to make you feel bad( but I know I am going to ) But my daughter grandchildren -great grandchildren mustnt speak to me ( cos I didnt believe Jesus came in 1914- ) BUT!!!!! I also lost three kids in death.... Bad enough I have to morn those- but for the WT to hold my OTHERS Hostage is wicked to me...So when I rant at times -forgive me...... I get days when I am really ticked . ( although I have to say I love the R & File JW) But you dont expect to be left in your old age without family- This lot on here is MY family---- I think some of them would like to DF me LOL.

• Sassy
    Sassy

I really don't think it will ever give me pleasure to make fun of JWs. I guess because I was one and so who am I to fault them. Actually I feel sorry for them. I have come here because only an exJW can relate to some things you go through so it has been theraputic to be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit