Dont know what to make of WT society, really.

by nowawake14 5 Replies latest jw friends

• nowawake14
    nowawake14

They have the dumbest thinking.

Us vs. Them mentality. Example: If you don't worship 'Jehovah', you're a Satanist. The truth is, if you dont worship Jehovah, you're not worshipping anyone! Unless you CHOOSE to worship either of them.

I would figure they have just a borderline criteria of a cult, although theyre not one of those extreme cults. They still do other normal things like other people do, but still, those dumb policies!

If they got some things down that were right, like not using the cross, no blood, etc., then how come they have this cultish mentality? I mean, really? How did this come about?

• carla
    carla

Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

The wt is a cult.

What makes you think the cross & no blood is right?

Have you been here yet? https://www.jwfacts.com/

• WillYouDFme
    WillYouDFme

Who says those things are right?

The bible is an ambiguous story book that you can make say anything you want it too.

Since the only way the WT would ever keep people in the organization is to employ common cult practices.

Recognize any of the below?

• Absolute authoritarianism without meaningful accountability.

• Process of indoctrination

• No tolerance for questions or critical inquiry.

• No meaningful financial disclosure regarding budget or expenses, such as an independently audited financial statement.

• Unreasonable fear about the outside world, such as impending catastrophe, evil conspiracies and persecutions.

• There is no legitimate reason to leave, former followers are always wrong in leaving, negative or even evil.

• Former members often relate the same stories of abuse and reflect a similar pattern of grievances.

• There are records, books, news articles, or broadcast reports that document the abuses of the group/leader.

• Followers feel they can never be "good enough".

• The group/leader is always right.

• The group/leader is the exclusive means of knowing "truth" or receiving validation, no other process of discovery is really acceptable or credible.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

not to mention it is run by just men. Women have no role in leadership.

• nowawake14
    nowawake14

Dont want to be rude, but oh, I am so mad at this religion right now. Oh, and yeah, they definitely meet the criteria. Thats why they get a bad reputation.

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

Their views on the cross and blood are NOT right. I encourage you to read JWfacts.com which will thoroughly debunk these.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit