This week's resurrection video, will it backfire on the wt?

by prologos 71 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Alive After the video showing, it will be bright commercial hall lighting, end of meeting 'stuff', getting out to car park, hearing others laughing and calling - where's the responsible care of observing the pain of those who it may affect in a very raw and unbearable way?
    Because of course the GB like to brag that witnesses don't need to grieve as others do...forgetting of course that Jesus gave way to tears at Lazerus'passing...I remember fighting off the tears just watching others...heartless
  • ttdtt
    ttdtt

FYI this video was shown at the BIG EARTH SHAKING RECORD BREAKING MOMENTUS international assembly.

It's not a new one.

Uhg - hate hate hate these videos!

• DNCall
    DNCall
    Any video produced by Watchtower cannot portray the subtleties and complexities of life (or death) because the religion is inconsiderate of these things. Good to hear that Watchtower has taken another shot at its own foot.
  • eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The underlying emphasis lately seems to be not the nearness of Armageddon but the hope of being resurrected--someday---soooon---maybe---we hope so---just hang on---have faith.

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Muddy Waters
    Muddy Waters

BASTARDS!!! I just watched this, and as I have lost my mom last year, all the things in this video triggered all the feelings of pain, loss, grief...

Those bastards captured it all, even to holding the person's hand as they lay dying, without energy to squeeze back....

Emotional manipulation....

Horrid, heartless .... and people are supposed to be "encouraged" by this???

In the JW culture, a person has no boundaries, all is expected to be revealed and told to the elders. The rank and file have no exclusions. Yet there is no transparency at the top or other upper levels. So they are free to twiddle and tweak the emotions and whatever else they want to twiddle and tweak of the R & F.

Bastards and their bastard behaviour. And too full of themselves to even be ashamed.

• Je.suis.oisif
    Je.suis.oisif

Muddy Waters,

Condolences. It might be a few years old , but doesn't it have a totally different impact when your brain is deprogramming? I don't have a hope anymore, but remembering how I felt when I first saw it is tantamount to how I felt when I realised at 42 I'd been abused by a male relative! Freaking sleazy doesnt5come close to how I felt.

• prologos
    prologos
    Je.suis.oisif: doesn't it have a totally different impact when your brain is deprogramming? In the congregation video showing, it seemes to have the same impact on the believers, and the caring fader(s). only the control-freak seems unfazed.It appears that the wt thrives on death, they promise life, even giving dates, not one of their life promises has ever benn realized. The only certainty is death and taxes, taxing wt requirements to even have a wt hope.
  • JW_Rogue
    JW_Rogue
    My wife couldn't watch it, got up and left. She didn't want to cry in front of people she felt were not supportive of her during her loss.
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

It was a nice scenea of how it might play out.

I liked it. 🙂

DY

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad
    Resurrection video only served to open up bad wounds. Especially with the numerous suicides of recent that many congregations of JWs have had to deal with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit