How To Test a J.W.'s Loyalty/Stupidity

by The Searcher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    TS - that's a fair point. I was looking at this from the perspective of you trying to get someone out. I guess it depends on the person too, but in my experience using a tactic like this to try to get someone to think tends to lead them to shut down and you won't get anywhere.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Isn't this the attitude that they are told they have to have?

Wt 2013 11/15 "Seven Shepherds, Eight Dukes—What They Mean for Us Today"

17 Elders, you can learn some helpful lessons from what we have just discussed: (1) The best thing you can do to prepare for the future attack of “the Assyrian” [Gog of Magog, political nations] is to strengthen your faith in God and help your brothers to do the same. (2) When “the Assyrian” attacks, you must be completely convinced that Jehovah will save us. (3) At that time, the direction that you receive from Jehovah’s organization may seem strange or unusual. But all of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether we agree with them or not, because obeying these instructions will save our lives. (4) If any are putting their trust in the education of this world, material things, or human organizations, they must change their way of thinking now. You must be ready to help any who may not be putting their complete trust in Jehovah.
  • My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

Me: "Would you do any and everything that the governing body asks?"

Wife: "Well, not everything."

Me: "Where would you draw the line?"

Wife: silence

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

"Would you do absolutely anything which the Governing Body instructed you to do? For example, sell your home and possessions, move in with another Witness, and send all your money to the Org?"

If 'No', they're showing that they will pick and choose which Org directives they will follow. Potential wedge is there.

Most of them say that feeling confident that the GB/Borg would NEVER do that. They might be fooled by what they are asked in the near future.

Doc

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Test of loyalty to the Borg:

''We must be ready to obey any instructions we receive whether they seem strategic from a human standpoint or not''

In other words, basically anything the GB instruct, I wouldn't put it past them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I think most JWs become disturbed at the thought of the GB asking them to commit extremist acts...

...because on some level, they realize that it's conceivable it could happen.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I've used this line of reasoning since I left the Borg

Step One: Ask the question

Step Two: Open up their Bible to Psalms 146:3. Read. Ask them to explain.

So simple.........and so fun.

• Malachi Constant
    Malachi Constant

Since when asked by the society they would lie, and the elders do it even publicly, why not acting against other clear biblical commandments and the basic rules of everyday life. Logically then, they would bow down in front of Satan himself, if needed as a part of the theocratic warfare.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit