Correspondence between GB and US Branch re WHQ relocation (2005-11)

by Corney 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Corney
    Corney

Seven years ago multiple letters between the Governing Body and the US Branch Committee, as well as internal memos and e-mails were provided by Watchtower to a US dictrict court in the course of discovery in the Ramapo property case. These documents are public records available through PACER, and now they are available for free on the case page here: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/5373802/lorterdan-properties-at-ramapo-i-llc-v-watchtower-bible-and-tract/ (see Document no. 45 and attachments).

I have also compiled all the internal documents in chronological order here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15Q-1_CYlHxGeSB0z4PKr5FJohZ7u_Y-p/view?usp=sharing

124 pages is a minuscule part of their archives but I hope somebody will find these documents interesting.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Corney:

Thank you very much! Never know when documents like these might come in handy!

Atlantis!

• Listener
    Listener

Thanks Corney.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Are the blacked-out parts intended to be redactions or highlights? Because they are readable.

If nothing else, it seems the GB are very hands on dealing with the property side of the business, judging by this evidence, their organisational spiritual/legal separation of the GB from Watchtower in 2000 notwithstanding,

• Corney
    Corney
    If nothing else, it seems the GB are very hands on dealing with the property side of the business, judging by this evidence, their organisational spiritual/legal separation of the GB from Watchtower in 2000 notwithstanding,

Exactly.

Also, the documents show Watchtower planned WHQ relocation as early as 2005 (don't know whether this info is new).

As to their reorganizations, there is another funny GB letter in this regard: "Also, in view of the privacy law’s express exemption of ‘small businesses’... we wonder if the formation of a new legal entity that would supervise religious activities only, but would receive little if any income, might come within the statutory exemption with respect to any judicial or other personal records it would keep. (Mark 12:17; Romans 13:1, 7)" (the Australian Branch was pretty skeptical about this idea).

I'm also curious if other court records contain similar internal WT documents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit