DF'ed arrival/departure times at meetings

by dubstepped 18 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Back in the day, disfellowshipped individuals sat at the back of the hall and, even if attending with their still-in families, still sat at the back. I particularly remember a brother had committed adultery with a younger sister in the congregation (which resulted in his divorcing his JW wife).

That brother and his "new" wife were both disfellowshipped but within 15 months were both reinstated. But before that happened they both sat at the back of the hall.

And there the usual problem drinkers and "promiscuous" ones who seemed to go through cycles of being out then back in then out again.

No one questioned it.

Looking back I am amazed at this bizarre "practice" - and I cannot even quote a Watchtower in support of their sitting at the back - unless I missed something in the literature back in the 1960s?

• blondie
    blondie

One, you can't talk to anyone and they are supposed to talk to you, and if a new person tries you are supposed to stop them. Why stay, unless to get publications through the Pharasiacal process the WTS has.

It's less embarrassing for the df'd person if that is possible.

• poopie
    poopie
    Yes as long as as they sit quietly with there mouth shut tight like a 2 yr old on punishment childish and stupid what a joke telling a grown person as long as they shut there mouth they can sit quietly like a bumbling idiot oh that's right no bumbling just idiot.
  • westiebilly11
    westiebilly11
    I was df in August 2012, for brazen conduct, ie, refusing to accept that it was wrong to ask a non jw lady to help me shop for intimate items my very ill (now deceased) wife needed, and for me to repay the lady with a meal in a public restaurant where we were seen by the 'snoop squad'. In their eyes I should not have been entertaining a woman who was not my wife... anyway, I was at the hall the night my df was announced, and I contd to attend meetings for about 8 months when I finally decided that I could not put up with being ignored/isolated, by people who were once my friends and whom I had helped in many ways over many years. I used to arrive at the hall about 5 mins before the meeting and just sit in my car, then dash in with a minute to spare. I sat at the back on a specially placed chair away from others. I stayed quiet and made no attempt to interact with others. Quite often, a certain elder, who was at my df judicial meeting etc, would pat my shoulder and smile, almost welcoming me discreetly. I would then leave straight after the meeting to help others avoid any embarrassment. In effect, I tried to spare their awkwardness. Looking back, it was a crazy situation to endure. I had done nothing wrong to deserve such shunning.
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

If a disfellowshipped person was to arrive early and wander around the hall quietly or dilly-dally after the song and do the same many would complain, and the elders I have known would likely see it as an act of beligerence on the part of the disfellowshipped one.

I just wish people would wake up and stop submitting to this stupid religion with it's stupid rules.

Why would anyone want to go to a club where no one wanted you, no one spoke to you or even made eye contact. The whole thing is just stupid and discriminatory beyond belief.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Fuck arrival and departure times....i take pops to the meetings and pull two seats outside for us, and we both sit there and bullshit till the damn thing starts. Im not tryin to get reinstated and they know that now. Dumbasses actually told me i would have to shave if i wanted back inπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Yeah ....i laughed at the elders VERY LOUD..all the way to my car. Dont let em treat you like shit.😑

Mad Puppy

• Wonderment
    Wonderment
    Like blondie said:

One, you can't talk to anyone and they are supposed to talk to you, and if a new person tries you are supposed to stop them. Why stay, unless to get publications through the Pharasiacal process the WTS has.

It's less embarrassing for the df'd person if that is possible.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Until recently they made the d/f'd sit right at the very back. Now they relent and say you can sit where you like.

Since the cong are not allowed to speak with them , the elders normally tell them to arrive during the song and leave as the final prayer says "Amen". This avoids confrontations

They used to be allowed the time to go to the Mag Servant and get one copy of the mags for personal use , now in the age of downloads that might not be available at the Hall

• steve2
    steve2
    The things humans put themselves through for the "sake" of (re)gaining social approval.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit