Daily Scriptures questions

by jwundubbed 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

I was wondering how long it would take to read the bible if one read only a single scripture everyday. And then I remember there being a Daily Scriptures booklet/book. In my memory it was purple. My family had them, but we never used them as intended so I'm not really familiar with it. In my memory, it came out every year.

I don't think the bible scriptures could be covered in a single year. Does anyone know how long it would take to read the bible with only a single scripture everyday? Then I thought, I bet they leave out certain scriptures. There are scriptures that I never heard spoken of until I left the JWs. I know people who actually read the bible front to back have read them, but they aren't part of JW doctrine, for various reasons. This was just speculation on my part. Are there scriptures that have never been in the Daily Scriptures booklets?

If my memories and speculations are wrong, please let me know. Thanks to anyone willing to explain this to me.

• Simon
    Simon

There are 23,145 verses in the Old Testament and 7,957 verses in the New Testament. This gives a total of 31,102 verses.

One a day would be over 85 years.

But at the end of that 85 years, you would have learned ... nothing much at all!

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

@Simon

That is insane, and awesome! Thank you for the knowledge!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit