Don’t share food with apostate—what about air we all breathe in?

by venus 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• venus
    venus

We have heard: “Don’t share food with apostate.” What about sharing the air we all breathe in? Whether apostate or believer, both breathe in the same air (which is more important than food)!

Today I put this question to the couple who came to invite me for the Memorial. “We have no answer to your question,” they replied. Thus I conveyed a more powerful message indirectly: “They avoid sharing food with us throughout the year; yet want to invite us when they have a symbolic meal once a year.”

• Chook
    Chook

Ask them for a meal and insist that you open in prayer, during prayer pray that the spirit may guide the governing body to publicly apologise for there failure in child abuse protection, also for the shunning of baptised children who later went for a look at another church. We pray for our dear brothers who killed them selves after a judicial committee.

AMEN

• smiddy
    smiddy

Welcome venus look forward to more of your posts.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

My brother finally came to see my baby daughter after a year and cancelling five times but they brought cakes with them so they wouldn't have to eat a meal with us. I suppose they were bending the rules a bit and they expected me to be grateful. It's just sad they showed no interest in her for the next twenty years but I suppose they saw we hadn't changed our view, we were unrepentant so that was that.

Good to have you with us Venus. Interesting thought that they won't eat a meal with us but they invite us to a symbolic meal.

• Listener
    Listener

Good point Venus.

They shun df'd and da'd JWs and they say it is to keep the congregation clean. Yet they are allowed to share religious activities with JWs, such as in song, prayer and spiritual food. You are right in that they also allow ex JWs to share in their most sacred and holy night, the memorial.

It becomes obvious that df'ing is all about control.

• venus
    venus

xanthippe, sorry to hear your story--it is better not to have such people with double standard

Listener, you summed it nicely--it's all about control

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Today I put this question to the couple who came to invite me for the Memorial. “We have no answer to your question,” they replied. Thus I conveyed a more powerful message indirectly: “They avoid sharing food with us throughout the year; yet want to invite us when they have a symbolic meal once a year.”

This is where it seems like it turned out to be advantageous for me to have a family that wasn't supportive. They were not nice to me, so I can easily turn the tables on them. I am the one who has no interest in sharing my life with them. For the rest of the JWs, who cares. With that mentality they are certainly not the kind of people with whom I'd share anything.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I shared this hilarious experience some years ago here and my none JW family members still talk about it today.A long story short, after the death of my mom my aunt(mom sister) invited my brothers and sisters over for a dinner. My aunt live in a different city, so a little ways to travel. She invited all JW's ,none JW's and me not aware of the shunning policy. I know venus you are talking about spiritual food, but this is about steak,lobster and all the trimmings. My JW family members where the first to arrive and when I walked in, oh boy. They sat through the whole meal without eating a bite> My aunt and her family were shocked. My JW brother and wife ask for a doggie bag when they left, I bet you they were eating on the ride home. My aunt ask after they left (JW's), what the hell was that about. It was funny as hell, and my sister-in-law love food, you could hear her stomach talking to her.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Didn't Jesus eat with "sinners" ?

Didnt he speak about the "Good Samaritan"...who was from an APOSTATE nation?

Hmmm....

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

And the parable of the prodigal son had the father RUNNING to prepare an elaborate MEAL for his wayward son....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit