Just a youtube comment on JW's and how they are users.

by days of future passed 5 Replies latest social current

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I was watching a youtube about "Sovereign Citizens" - the ones that quote confederate law and say they don't need a driving license because they are just "traveling" The man who was pulled over for having the wrong license plates on his car and then refusing to hand over any ID, eventually was encouraged out of his vehicle by a police dog.

In the comments below was this:

Even dumber is the Sovereign citizen shit is up here in Canada... the most Liberal country in North America...these guys just want a free ride. Not only that but certain religious groups also like to pull this... Jehova's Witness Reformed Mormon groups, Branch Davidians and others all claim to not be a citizen of USA or Canada... but continue to use our services.. Fringe groups of all types are not really desirable... and potential dangerous. I would agree that much of US media is biassed one way or another... but some other nations have more objective reporting... The USA has a long history of yellow journalism and other stuff... so yep. You will never see a newspaper in Canada endorsing a political candidate... it doesn't happen here.

Being lumped into the Sovereign Citizen's group I think is appropriate. I remember talks about taxes and why we should pay them. (guess some people didn't) Yet the WT gets away with being a "Charity Status" The Sovereigners should take a lesson from the WT and declare themselves "traveling ministers"
  • Simon
    Simon

Except that is clearly misinformation because JWs, like Mormons, generally are good law-abiding citizens and pay their taxes.

• LV101
    LV101

I think NV has become California, Jr., in negative ways. It's weird - think depends what part of the country one is in re/users and this place gets all the fast-money/con artists. I've not watched the youtube (can you reference it?) but I've known/associated with JWs that were upright, tax-paying, industrious, people, here and the JW "users" in full steroid mode.

• steve2
    steve2

YouTube - the source of everything true and pure. NOT.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

I couldn't tell if the poster was an ex jw or they didn't like religion in general. But I do know of Jw's that have skirted the law in business.

• Brokeback Watchtower
    Brokeback Watchtower
    . But I do know of Jw's that have skirted the law in business.

That's a given in almost any type of business very general. Not seeing the video, I can see where many would project "users" as would I in many a case because of some bias being a df'd XJW.

Every body skirts the law and so I don't find it very compelling for anything. Maybe a new approach is better to get ones point across?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit