Memorial Attendances 2020 to 2023

by slimboyfat 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Following from the convention attendance thread I looked back on my notes to see the memorial attendances over the pandemic. This is what I found. I don’t have any pre-pandemic attendances but I’d estimate them around 80 to 90 or so in recent years.

First fully Zoom memorial in 2020 early in the lockdown had 72 in attendance

The second fully Zoom memorial in 2021 had 70 in attendance

First hybrid Zoom/KH memorial in 2022 had 51 in the KH and 38 on Zoom - 89 in total

Second hydride Zoom/KH memorial in 2023 had 89 in the KH and 17 on Zoom - 106 in total

Make of that what you will.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

Is 80 to 90 a normal congregation size, pre-pandemic? I would have assumed larger than that 🤔.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

For Scotland 80 to 90 is a fairly large congregation. It might be different elsewhere.

I gather the attendance at the regional convention was around 7,400. That’s pretty similar to pre-pandemic levels. There are 115 congregations in Scotland, so that makes about 64 people in attendance from each congregation on average. There are a number of small congregations in Scotland from islands and rural communities that have around 20 to 40 publishers.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

If you add the zoom numbers to the physical attendance, that seems to be a healthy increase. Do you believe the figures?

BTW, whenever I see your screen name, I hear Weapon of Choice in the background 😁

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit