Bible based faith peculiarities

by menrov 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• menrov
    menrov

Looking back on what I accepted to believe at the time, I now realize how peculiar some of things were:

- people talking to a snake

- killer of brother, who was recognized for his great offer, walks free and protected

- first humans knew how to make children without any instruction, compared to how teenagers are informed about sex

- the biggest opponent of the Almighty God was free to move around, whereas eating from a forbidden fruit was so wrong, that all suffered severely

- a flood did not remove evil, so what was the purpose to kill all men, women and children

In general, to believe in an unseen, unheard deity and made believe that you can ask anything (but never see results), that the deity loves you (but apparently not all humans as many suffer innocently) ....

And now, I am warned that I can be deceived via social media by people you do not know, receive emails from strangers and other unsolicited contacts.

By contrast, millions of people dedicate their lives and resources to a deity they never met, cannot touch, see or hear and is only known from letters of people they have never met and of whom little to nothing is known.

Isn't that peculiar?

• Teddnzo
    Teddnzo

- killer of brother, who was recognized for his great offer, walks free and protected”

Who are you talking about Cain? I don’t know what you mean? What is unbelievable about this?

- first humans knew how to make children without any instruction, compared to how teenagers are informed about sex”

Adam was naming all the animals for a time, he would have seen the male and female and that’s why he wanted the female of his kind.

He probably said ok Eve bend over I’ve seen other animals do it like this😍

I’m sure if you didn’t teach anything at all about sex to kids once they are old enough they will figure it out! anyway would have been fun finishing out the first time.

• menrov
    menrov

Cain and Abel indeed. If you read the story, only conclusion is: you can get away with jealousy based, premeditated murder.

Well, about s*x, you are probably right😉

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Teddnzo: He probably said ok Eve bend over [...]

Okay, that made me laugh.

I don't think it's an issue that Genesis doesn't go into details on how Adam and Eve figured out sex. But it must have been something amazing or terrifying, given how obsessed Jehovah became with sex afterwards. You would think god would have come up with a way to make sex less appealing for non-married non-hetero couples, but he ends up with a system where all you need is a bit of friction. Not exactly an award-winning design.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Evolution is false, yet the thousand or so animal species on Noah’s Ark (somehow) diversified into the millions on Earth today in less than five thousand years.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit