Wt said that social isolation was loveing and good.

by Yomama 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Yomama
    Yomama

After 8 months of social isolation do they continue to think its loveing? They also said social isolation was bullying.

• Yomama
    Yomama

Bethelites stuck in room Circuit guys stuck in houses. But its so loveing.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

There is NOTHING social about isolation. No matter how one tries to spin it. I have had opportunity to use the term 'disfellowshipped' to describe "social" distancing/isolation they are promoting as obedience to The Slave or The Branch when I sometimes speak to JW's in my area. When they trot out the "but The Branch and the governing body have told us to socially isolate.distance ourselves," I ask them what part of Proverbs 18: 1 The Branch and governing body use to back that up.

Anything I can do anymore to "tweak" them and make them uncomfortable in their belief system is fine by me.

Note: The only reason I put caps on the branch or the slave is because that is how they speak of them, as if it is the words of God himself.

• millie210
    millie210

Hebrews 10:25 ("do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together") used to have a marginal reference to Matt. 18;20 (where two or more are gathered in my name there my spirit will be also) e listed. When the silver bible came out it was removed, am I remembering that correctly?

It seems like we had a thread on that and the consensus was they didn't want people thinking they could form or meet for small study groups.

Of course now its ok I guess?

• RickJones
    RickJones

The WTS didn't do this the governments imposed these restrictions.

So then one could say the local governments are loving.

Funny how the WTS spins and twists things to back and support themselves.

I guess when the restrictions are lifted they will say well the Faithful Slave has provided new loving light regarding this terrible prophetic pandemic.

Jehovah's holy spirit has truly blessed his solemnly chosen earthly organization.

• Listener
    Listener

It is apparent that a lot of JWs are in it mostly for the social aspects. It must be very difficult for them to follow the GBs instructions of not leaving their homes unless it is necessary.

Who knows what they are doing at HQ and the Branches when they've always been so busy. It must be tough, doing nothing and living off donated money.

• RickJones
    RickJones

I bet they are going to lose members after everything is said and done after this virus problem is over.

• Anna Marina
    Anna Marina

They are making nice looking cakes and wearing their kingdom smiles.

They may lose members but once people know what they really get up to, they are given the same level of attention as a successful soap opera.

They are in their very own drama.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

All moot, in my opinion.

I suspect the real reasons they budged when "Satan's World" put its foot down are...

a) ...the conversion to a predominantly internet-based religion - an "e-church" - was in the works already, and this simply facilitated it by priming the rank-and-file for the "official" transition, and...

b) ...their lawyers have advised them that their tax-exemption is already on the block, and if the WTS's business model is as dependent on it as I've come to suspect, they aren't ready to risk losing it.

Not to mention that it almost completely mitigates any accusations that "pedophiles are knocking on your doors trying to recruit your kids".

• LV101
    LV101

Social isolation is good and the governing goons all live holed into the same compound - RIGHT! All for economic reasons, of course. What hypocrites.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit