Jehovah’s Witnesses likely to get $220M+ for Watchtower building according to NY Post

by vivalavida 7 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Just got this from my son:

http://nypost.com/2016/02/23/jehovahs-witnesses-selling-watchtower-building-for-220m/

Somehow I really thought they would be talking about much more money. Commented that to my son, who is a JW and his comment was "the economy is bad".

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?
    I thought they were to get close to a billion for all 4 properties
  • JeffT
    JeffT
    According to the spies, those that submitted bids include East End Capital, Westbrook Partners, Vornado Realty Trust, Tishman Speyer Properties, L&L Holding and Savanna.

Having worked in the industry, I'm taking this info with a large dose of salt. The only people who could know this are insiders. An agent that puts out info like this about his client is in for a major lawsuit. I highly doubt there is a Johnny the Bethelite who is privy to this. I suspect some broker is putting behind this in an effort to get a better deal for his client.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida
    Sounds reasonable
  • Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

They sure are making a killing with the sales of all that property, plus building a more state-of-the-art compound upstate NY and some other places around the world.

Actually, its good they're getting all this money. Takes the guilt away completely about not donating anymore.

DY

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Only $220 million!! What, only $220 million. I cant believe it!!!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

So that's why they've been asking for more money! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

• Mad Irishman
    Mad Irishman

I wouldn't take anything less than $223 million.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit