Peruvian JWs lose custody of 2-year old son

by Calebs Airplane 6 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

The Peruvian government intervened on behalf of this child whose ignorant JW parents left his life in Jay Hoover's hands...

http://eltiempo.pe/?p=139873

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

Translation...

Because they opposed providing a blood transfusion to their 2-year old child in order to save his life, his parents ended up losing parental custody.

According to what is known, the child exhibited a state of severe chronic anemia. He was received into emergency care on Saturday, August 27 at the Sullana hospital to receive treatment. When his doctors ordered a transfusion, his parents opposed this.

As of last Wednesday, after this act was denounced at the Sullana precinct, the medical team of the Chirense medical facility were finally able to intervene by order of the Civil and Family Court of Sullana which had taken over the investigation.

“They told us they were going to give him blood to save his life, but we opposed this. We are Jehovah’s Witnesses and we base our beliefs in what the Bible says”, explained his mother, Janet Zeta.

“I have hope that, if my son should die, I will see him again in paradise because the Bible says so and Jehovah is God and not a human who would lie” she added.

Now, by judicial mandate, parental custody has been transferred to Janet Burneo Ramirez, social worker of the Public Ministry while the child recuperates from the intervention.

“The child could have died due to the grave state in which he was found and his parents’ opposition. For the time being, he will be in the hands of the Public Ministry”, informed an officer of the Sullana precinct.

• alanv
    alanv

Good to hear that the authorities intervened. Considering that two thirds of JWs leave the faith sometime in their adulthood, it was the correct thing to do. The poor child would have no say in the matter at that age.

• Saename
    Saename

Thanks for providing the translation. I'm amazed at Janet's reasoning: “I have hope that, if my son should die, I will see him again in paradise because the Bible says so and Jehovah is God and not a human who would lie" [emphasis added].

It's good the government intervened. As alanv mentioned, this two-year-old child has no say in this regard; not giving him life-saving blood transfusion is like baptising infants who have no idea what is happening, which, rather ironically, Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed against. This child would have died without having a say because of his age.

I am not even going to add to that the parents' willful ignorance in regards to anemia. Anemia is one of those diseases which pretty much require blood transfusions.

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

This is was it most illogical to me. Even if Jay Hoover really does exist and really does prohibit blood transfusions, it wouldn't be the boy's fault if his parents authorized a transfusion (and the parents know this). So why wouldn't they give their own lives (die at Armageddon for disobeying Jay Hoover) to save their son's life?

• flipper
    flipper

Caleb, I'm not surprised that they wouldn't give their own lives - it is astounding to me how many jw's will shun their own children for years rather than give up the "paradise". I don't buy that it's a "loving provision" - that's just one of their excuses for bad behavior.

Most parents would do just about anything to save their children. Cult members, not so much.

Mrs. Flipper

• cha ching
    cha ching

Thx, Mrs. Flipper, good reality check:

"Most parents will shun their children, rather than give up paradise."

No, it is not loving.

cha ching!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit