first non-witness affiliated visitor

by notalone 7 Replies latest jw friends

• notalone
    notalone

I know this is sad but last night was the first time we have had a non-witness affiliated visitor to my home. We have had workmen and the such but never someone over for a meal and just visit. It was very impromptu. Normally ( I use this term loosely) I am very nervous. I would make sure every inch of my house was 'bethel' clean. I would be very nervous about conversations and how everything would come off. This was very relaxed. They were very appreciative of the meal and conversations flowed freely. I never realized the anxiety level in all interactions between witnesses. I am starting to wonder just how much of my daily life and concerns are changing for the better. Well, I just thought I would share. Thanks for listening.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

the first time we have had a non-witness affiliated visitor to my home.

Be sure they didn't leave any evil spirits lurking around ( lay out a Bible or two just be sure ) you do know that non-jws are associated with Satan and his wicked evil spirits.

• longgone
    longgone

I'm happy to hear you had a nice evening! Isn't it great to realize that the anxiety and pressure the JW religion put on us is in the past. Every day away from them just gets better and better.

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

I personally believe most people in the world are basically good, but according to the Bible for instance Roman 3:10 it contradicts my belief. How do you like that, and JW's believe the world is full of depraved, immoral and Satan worshipers....That kind of belief will make you a little psychotic....

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

I don't think that's a sad thing. Some JWs never ever ever get to experience that in their entire lifetimes. I'm happy for you.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

I'm really happy for you. We just finished work in our basement and are looking forward to having new friends come over to hang out, play pool, watch tv, eat, etc. It's exciting and fun to have people over that actually want to come over. JW "get togethers" have so much other stuff attached to them. I'm glad things went well and hope you do it more.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I know this is sad but last night was the first time - nothing wrong with that, everybody has to start from somewhere.

It sounds great. You had a nice friend - no JW speak, no pressure, no fear of being judged - over for a meal and a nice, normal conversation.

Good for you.

• zeb
    zeb

Bethel clean.. cute.

My home is clean enough to be healthy dirty enough to be home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit